RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial AX-10 Scorpion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/)
-   -   New Comp Build.......SWX......New Production Pics!! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/110201-new-comp-build-swx-new-production-pics.html)

BENDER 03-26-2008 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THnCS (Post 1112123)
Maaaan some kids get all the cool Toys!!:-( Now all we need to see is the MSD's Annodized Black and Red rings and you would be Smurfy!! :lol: That's right, I referenced the Smurfs in public:flipoff:

That would be kind of smurfy. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axial (Post 1112344)
We will have them in blue, red, and orange! The product release should be out in the next day or two!

I would recommend cany apple red, backed with gold metal flake, silver, then black. That will give you the color you are looking for plus a little bling factor thrown in!

Build is looking great so far, can't wait to see it in person!

Thanks,
Axial

Thanks for the compliment and the paint tips Matt. "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by JUSTGOINGSLOW (Post 1112378)
Well Brad, you got my son all upset. He just was going to his rig all in red with the revo links. :lol: Looks good buddy. "thumbsup"

You know what they say! You snooze you loose.

:lol: :lol:

Wrecker 03-26-2008 12:24 AM

:shock:
Dang that thing looks PIMP!

biotoxic 03-26-2008 08:21 AM

looks cool! i would also try some, but i just got my ax10, maybe next month.

BitHed 03-26-2008 08:53 AM

...Red looks great!!! Is black a colour too? Black would be good "thumbsup"

...Great build too...Lots of ideas we can R&D :idea: RipOff and Duplicate...

BENDER 03-26-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecker (Post 1113048)
:shock:
Dang that thing looks PIMP!

Quote:

Originally Posted by biotoxic (Post 1113261)
looks cool! i would also try some, but i just got my ax10, maybe next month.

Thanks guys. 8)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BitHed (Post 1113288)
...Red looks great!!! Is black a colour too? Black would be good "thumbsup"

...Great build too...Lots of ideas we can R&D :idea: RipOff and Duplicate...

Thanks, I'm not sure if black is going to be one of the colors available or not.

Ripoff and Duplicate. :lol:

racerx 03-26-2008 10:01 AM

Brad, What are you doing on here? Aren't you supposed to be moving today??:lol:

BENDER 03-26-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racerx (Post 1113350)
Brad, What are you doing on here? Aren't you supposed to be moving today??:lol:

Yup, packing up right now. :lol:

racerx 03-26-2008 10:10 AM

So is there going to be a micro track in Kris' basement now too?:lol:

BENDER 03-26-2008 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racerx (Post 1113363)
So is there going to be a micro track in Kris' basement now too?:lol:

Maybe. :lol:

juststartin 03-26-2008 06:43 PM

looks good. cant wait to see the new body. When are those link sets coming out and do you know around how much they will be. Blue would be perfect.

BMAC 03-26-2008 06:46 PM

Bender

Truck looks great! I am new to crawling and have been following this thread and could you advise what you went with on your foams and if you cut them.

Thanks!

Rockpiledriver 03-26-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankyRizzo (Post 1111990)
Personally I am not a huge fan of the green. Or course it could just be my colorblindness messing with me.

Did you not hear what matt said? They will be offered in almost all of the colors of the "rainbow" you can mix colors as needed to get the effect you're after.
:flipoff:

BENDER 03-27-2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juststartin (Post 1113993)
looks good. cant wait to see the new body. When are those link sets coming out and do you know around how much they will be. Blue would be perfect.

Not sure of the exact date, but it should be soon. "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMAC (Post 1114001)
Bender

Truck looks great! I am new to crawling and have been following this thread and could you advise what you went with on your foams and if you cut them.

Thanks!

Thanks. 8)

I'm running stock Losi foams in the rear and memory foams out front. I didn't cut either set at all.

timspr 03-27-2008 01:45 AM

what's the offset on your top gun wheels, do they need to be 3/8 instead of 1/2 inch for the ax10 axles - also does MSD make them in different offsets. By the way - rig looks awesome! The whole setup is sweeeet! I was looking at your thread tonight while doing my build, visuals really help :)
-T

cato 03-27-2008 07:37 AM

Bender: Major blingage............like the colors.....just don't start sporting 5lbs oh gold around the kneck:roll::lol:8)

BENDER 03-27-2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timspr (Post 1114679)
what's the offset on your top gun wheels, do they need to be 3/8 instead of 1/2 inch for the ax10 axles - also does MSD make them in different offsets. By the way - rig looks awesome! The whole setup is sweeeet! I was looking at your thread tonight while doing my build, visuals really help :)
-T

I believe the Top Gun wheels are only offered in this one offset. "thumbsup"

Thanks for the compliments on the build. 8)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cato (Post 1114801)
Bender: Major blingage............like the colors.....just don't start sporting 5lbs oh gold around the kneck:roll::lol:8)

No worries there. ;-) :lol:

Sprint 80 03-27-2008 02:41 PM

Brad,
Do you feel the rig had a better weight distribution with the NIMH battery over the lipo? And how many cells were you running in the vid?

ykcor 03-27-2008 03:43 PM

what lower links are you running?
they look like delrin.?
awesome build!

BGGruff 03-27-2008 06:27 PM

The rig looks Great Bender! Well there's not much I can say that hasn't already been said, but honestly top notch work and great step by step illustrations."thumbsup" First I've seen some things in this thread that I haven't seen yet...like the new heavy duty Axial locker, where and when can I get those? Second, the slipper clutch...I didn't know that was out there and I'm curious to see how well it works. And third I love the new red aluminum! I need all that stuff in blue so when and where can I get it from? The rig looks great and I bet it'll be hard to beat in Comps. Also, I'm diggin the wheels!

BENDER 03-28-2008 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprint 80 (Post 1115323)
Brad,
Do you feel the rig had a better weight distribution with the NIMH battery over the lipo? And how many cells were you running in the vid?

I haven't actually tried the lipo yet, but the 2/3A cell pack is heavier. So, it'll put more weight over the front axle. I'm only running a 6 cell 2/3A pack in the video. "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by ykcor (Post 1115445)
what lower links are you running?
they look like delrin.?
awesome build!

Thanks. 8)

I'm running custom Delrin links as lowers, 5/16" in the front and 3/8" rears. I'm probably going to switch over to the red HC links in the rear though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BGGruff (Post 1115634)
The rig looks Great Bender! Well there's not much I can say that hasn't already been said, but honestly top notch work and great step by step illustrations."thumbsup" First I've seen some things in this thread that I haven't seen yet...like the new heavy duty Axial locker, where and when can I get those? Second, the slipper clutch...I didn't know that was out there and I'm curious to see how well it works. And third I love the new red aluminum! I need all that stuff in blue so when and where can I get it from? The rig looks great and I bet it'll be hard to beat in Comps. Also, I'm diggin the wheels!

Thanks BG. 8)

As far as I know, all the aftermarket goods I'm using will be available very soon. I'm sure Matt (Axial) will see this and maybe chime in with some ballpark dates for when these products will be hitting the market. I don't want to speak for them, as far as release dates go. ;-)