Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: VF Dig and Your DX3R....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default VF Dig and Your DX3R....

Simple setup for a great dig and great radio system.

-Install dig and servo per instructions.

-Leave servo horn off, but have linkage attached to it.

-Set DX3R button D or E to "3 Position"

-Set AUX servo travel to 40% both H and L. No need to mess with trim or expo leave them at factory preset.

-Connect servo to powered Rx

-Toggle through positions, find which is furthest to the right (if you are looking at the servo) this will be full dig, or lockout.

-Move dig unit into full dig position, you may need to move the output a 1/4 turn or so.

-Without moving the dig or the servo, attach the servo horn and tighten screw.

-Cycle through positions to ensure everything is operational. Again rotating the outputs slightly may be needed to engage full 4wd and full dig.

Enjoy.

I may add pictures later, it is very simple- I don't think you should need them. Use your imagination.

p!nK

edit: added some pics for the less edumacataed.

Last edited by mrpink; 04-06-2008 at 03:44 PM.
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I like pictures lol
Trimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:29 PM   #3

Default I like pics too!

Have the Dx3r! waiting for the vf.
Sully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #4
Team T1E/VP Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully View Post
Have the Dx3r! waiting for the vf.

x2.... I feel like a soon to be Papa pacing the hospital floors!!!
Uroplatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:01 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Have the VF, waiting for the DX3R, lol. I am saving this thread though, thanks.
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:19 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

So is this for both functions of the dig locked and freewheel? I need to invest in a new radio maybee.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:13 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I've given my DX3.0 a good talking to, but no 3 position still... I like my DX3.0, but I might have to go to the DX3R, it's pretty sweet. I have a VF dig and Slingslot chassis on order, and I just got my Cobalt 5T from JRH. Dying to put it together!!
rdtshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:10 AM   #8
RCC Addict

HAHA sounds like my order lol. I just got my 7t from HH and now going to order a slingshot, dig, an motor plate for it all. May even hit up for some new lipo's! I'm gonna find out the best thing to run with my 7t first! I may even shoot for some Li-ons.
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:27 AM   #9
20K Club

I moved my linkage up on the servo horn to get more torque, it requires more throw but functions a little better when in some of the hard binds.

I also set switch F to a 2p switch as well as E and A to 3p switches. The 2p switch allows me to switch between 4wd and fwd (neutral dig) very quickly and easily. I use neutral dig more then locked rear so this is very handy. Being able to have dig on multiple switches that are easily accessible is awesome. I love my DX3R!

Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
I also set switch F to a 2p switch as well as E and A to 3p switches. The 2p switch allows me to switch between 4wd and fwd (neutral dig) very quickly and easily. I use neutral dig more then locked rear so this is very handy. Being able to have dig on multiple switches that are easily accessible is awesome. I love my DX3R!
Awesome idea. I never thought of doing that!! Very simple, yet very very useful.

I have not found a negative thing about the dx3r yet, maybe no USB access... just spoiled with the nomadio in that respect I guess. Takes longer to name your models, what a crime.

p!nK
Old 04-06-2008, 11:16 AM   #11
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
Awesome idea. I never thought of doing that!! Very simple, yet very very useful.

I have not found a negative thing about the dx3r yet, maybe no USB access... just spoiled with the nomadio in that respect I guess. Takes longer to name your models, what a crime.

p!nK
Another plus to this setup is that when you want to go strait to Dig with brake you can hit F and A at the same time to get all the way to brake in almost one move instead of having to hit your rocker button twice.

Yeah I have still not found a bad thing about the DX3R
Old 04-06-2008, 12:08 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
I moved my linkage up on the servo horn to get more torque, it requires more throw but functions a little better when in some of the hard binds.

I don't have my 3R yet, and I understand what you wrote, but can you elaborate a little more? Or do I need to just wait for my radio to understand?

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:32 PM   #13
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc J33P View Post
I don't have my 3R yet, and I understand what you wrote, but can you elaborate a little more? Or do I need to just wait for my radio to understand?

Thanks.
Sure....

I have two seperate buttons setup as 3 position switches (3p) and one button setup as a 2 position switch (2p). The 2p switches are just bottons that can be pressed in, they do not rock forward and backward.

I like to use the neutral function of my dig when I am doing steep inclines so I like this to be easily accessible. So I set up button F so that I can simply click it with my thumb to go between 4wd and nuetral rear very quickly. To get the the lock position using one of the 3p switches you have to click it two times (to the best of my knowledge). Another advantage of the 2p switch is that I can hit it a split second before I hit one of the 3p switches to get me to the lock position much quicker then hitting one of the 3p switches twice.

I know it is hard to understand and even very hard to type out. You will get it once you have yours in your hand though. I can also post a picture of my setup screen to maybe clear it up more. I am at work right now though so it will have to wait.
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2008, 04:37 PM   #14
RCC Addict

added pics.

p!nK
Old 04-06-2008, 05:00 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

can't wait to get a dx3r(can't find them in stock anywhere)...not to hijack this but to Harley0706..the flat black grappler on the right in the pic..is that painted on the inside or outside ??..thanks guys for this how to on the DX3r
TIMZKRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #16
20K Club

Nice pics p!nk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMZKRAWLER View Post
can't wait to get a dx3r(can't find them in stock anywhere)...not to hijack this but to Harley0706..the flat black grappler on the right in the pic..is that painted on the inside or outside ??..thanks guys for this how to on the DX3r

Painted on the outside, you can see where the rear tire has scrubbed it off. It is just a quickly comp body.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:41 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Harley...I believe moving the connection out on the servo horn reduces torque but increases speed and travel. I saw you posted you did this to increase torque, but it decreased the torque.
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:49 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Good stuff, thanks Pink and Harley for posting that. I'm finding more and more options/utility to the DX3r all the time. It was a bit hard to put down that much cash on a radio system at first, but every time I use it, the value becomes more and more apparent!
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:31 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Thanks for the great pics man, I and others really appreciate it!!!

I JUST NEED A DAMN 3R!!!!!!!!!!!! Bangs head on desk multiple times. :-(
Old 04-07-2008, 12:27 PM   #20
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightcs77 View Post
Harley...I believe moving the connection out on the servo horn reduces torque but increases speed and travel. I saw you posted you did this to increase torque, but it decreased the torque.
No, UP as in if you are looking at the servo in on the VF dig. Moving it UP moves it closer to the output shaft increasing your torque but decreasing speed and travel.