Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: D-link, does anyone kno where i can get one!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 07:18 AM   #1

Default D-link, does anyone kno where i can get one!?!

looking for a d-link and would greatly appreciate and help on locating one!! thanks!
adunphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 07:56 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: D-link, does anyone kno where i can get one!?!

It's called the D-Mount made by C*H*U*D can be found here: Underground Crawlers "D-Mount" 4link mounts

But he has discontinued making them. There are tons of 4 link plates out there for Axial rear ends. Once you get enough posts you can use the search feature. Welcome to the forum btw!
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
No idea what I'm doing

We did stop making them a few months ago. Duuuuuuuude may have more info on how to get one.

Welcome to RCC
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
Suck it up!

I've been working with another vendor to get them made, but its been slooooooow going. I was hoping they would have been available by now, but hey don't seem terribly enthused about getting them to market. I can't tell you how badly I want these to become available again...

If something doesn't happen soon I may have to explore other avenues...

Otherwise I am completely tapped out.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Welcome to the forum..
Like Duuuuuuuuuuude said, there may be some available in the for sale section.
Buy your star, join the crew, get some posts under your belt and you will be well on your way.
The D-mount or D-link is definately the way to go for AX10 comp trucks. I have one and love it.
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #6

ok guess ill keep an eye out for one in the future :( and yes i am very hooked! thanks everyone for the input!
adunphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

You know with all these sportman builds going on... it's just a matter of time before someone starts supplying the demand!
Eric Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Perez View Post
You know with all these sportman builds going on... it's just a matter of time before someone starts supplying the demand!
Lets hope so hey, ive lookn for one for a while now...
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #9
MODERHATER™

Did you mean "Dinky link"?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #10
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Perez View Post
Yeah I think its going to be a big year for shafties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Did you mean "Dinky link"?
Possible, but not probable, not in this section anyway.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:43 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Yeah i can wait for these to be for sale agian i need 2 more for my 2 new build projects.
2006Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

I don't see an obvious performance advantage of a D-link over a stud link like the Gatekeeper 4-link plate. True the D-link has multiple holes, but you can drill extra holes in the flat plate as well. And move the joint up and down with spacers. My rod ends with steel balls rotate the same whether the end is vertical or horizontal. They don't rotate as far in horizonal, but it's further than my suspension travel.

I'd grant you the d-link exposes the fasteners better for easier changes. But both approaches should perform the same.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #13
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
I don't see an obvious performance advantage of a D-link over a stud link like the Gatekeeper 4-link plate. True the D-link has multiple holes, but you can drill extra holes in the flat plate as well. And move the joint up and down with spacers. My rod ends with steel balls rotate the same whether the end is vertical or horizontal. They don't rotate as far in horizonal, but it's further than my suspension travel.

I'd grant you the d-link exposes the fasteners better for easier changes. But both approaches should perform the same.
It's main advantage is that it allows you greater adjustability without having to worry about putting the ball ends in a bind.

Its not such a big deal on a stock chassis, but one you start getting into aftermarket stuff it becomes a nice thing to have.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
It's main advantage is that it allows you greater adjustability without having to worry about putting the ball ends in a bind.
True that! I did the "flat plate with studs" blah blah blah... it worked OK but I kept running into binding issues and I was thrilled when I finally got a D-link... it works great and no binding! Now if we only had a front D-link...
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #15

I can shear and bend some .080 or .090 5052, but would need to know lengths from the center of the axle to the ears ,height of ears and where you want holes
ERV JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin View Post
True that! I did the "flat plate with studs" blah blah blah... it worked OK but I kept running into binding issues and I was thrilled when I finally got a D-link... it works great and no binding! Now if we only had a front D-link...
You could probably do it with slightly shorter front links and just a center mounted servo. I've been trying to think of a way to create a strong a panhard setup out front so I can raise the upper link off of the axle, while keeping all of the electronics up there. Triangulating my upper fronts to find room in between the battery and servo will squash my esc, rx, and bec up off of the driveshaft. I suppose I could just decase it and try to fit it in any number of places it might and use the triangulated uppers...

I think it was CHUD who made a sweet berg style front link mount. Thing is awesome and if I didn't have my electronics on my driveshaft it would be the obvious solution. This is what I came up with, and it is definitely subpar. It forces my battery and servo to be higher than they need to be. Moving that front plate up and down tiny amounts makes a huge difference in how stable my truck is on a side hill. Maybe that is a nod to my poor suspension.

opek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERV JR View Post
I can shear and bend some .080 or .090 5052, but would need to know lengths from the center of the axle to the ears ,height of ears and where you want holes
It seems like many of the coolest rear geometries have the upper links mounted just outside of the mounting locations for the plate onto the axle. If you look at the D mount it folds up almost right on top of them. It certainly couldn't be bent any closer to the axle center line. If you look at the GC plate they are located exactly the same distance from the axle center line as the D mount.
opek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #18
Suck it up!

I've been messing around with different variations of a front d-mount. The problem I have is that the Fastbacks front shocks are leaned in and really make real estate behind the front axle a prime commodity.

On a different chassis it would totally be possible. Take a look at Stormin2u's build...his front links are spaces pretty far apart.

I've noticed that binding link ends aren't really as big of an issue on the front as they are on the rear. The link geometry is different and not as extreme so you aren't as likely to run out of travel.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #19
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERV JR View Post
I can shear and bend some .080 or .090 5052,
So can I...all day long...but I'm not a vendor and couldn't sell them here unless I was.

One way or another the official version will be available again soon. I'm trying to be as pro-active as I can without being pushy and pissing anyone off.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by opek View Post
It seems like many of the coolest rear geometries have the upper links mounted just outside of the mounting locations for the plate onto the axle. If you look at the D mount it folds up almost right on top of them. It certainly couldn't be bent any closer to the axle center line. If you look at the GC plate they are located exactly the same distance from the axle center line as the D mount.
I was asking about the ears and holes, if running a shorter length they would have to be forward of the axle centerline. Like if you where using a stock upper link and converting a 3 link to 4 link.
I ordered a Exceed maxstone 10, with plans to mod it should be here monday . I will look at it and see what I come up with. I had already planned on doing a d mount once I got it since I assumed it was 3 link but found some pics of another and noticed it was 4 link.
I have an idea of what I want to do but need the rig in front of me first.

Ok sorry for the above post, I was think if there was a need that I could help to fill it. Dont mean to step on others toes. Also for the price its easier to leave to a vendor since there isnt alot of money in them with a short product run

Last edited by ERV JR; 01-21-2012 at 01:00 PM.
ERV JR is offline   Reply With Quote

D-link, does anyone kno where i can get one!?! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone kno of a place to buy.... DannyDodge Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 2 03-09-2011 08:05 PM
anyone kno this chassis? Axialfan19 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 15 09-01-2010 09:26 AM
hey just got a hight lift (need to kno what i should use to four link it) dectrone Newbie General 2 11-17-2007 08:30 PM
Does anyone kno how to lift the nylint rock crawler LilCrawler23 General Crawlers 18 07-11-2006 06:13 PM
some one doesnt kno the Diff... nd4spdbh Chit Chat 4 07-14-2005 06:26 PM