Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: wiring

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 01:11 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default wiring

how do you all run wires in your trucks i am getting interferance whith is causing my crawler to glitch
i dont know what to do other than buy a new transmitter and radio
i am running the stock trans and radio right know
urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2009, 06:44 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Well I am Having the same issues. All the rigs I see here have wires every where. I tried to clean it up by using some wire looming and have now created the same type of issue. I really cannot afford a new radio (digital)
Futaba or etc. So I hope you get a good response. I posted the other day thinking it was my antenna being to short and re did it with no results. :-( :-?
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:24 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I've got stock RTR electronics, and I used a 1:1 car audio rule; power on one side, signal on the other.

I ran the motor and battery wires on one side of the chassis, and zip tied them to it. On the other side, the servo wire is coiled (wrap around a pen or screwdriver shaft,) the 3-wire from the esc to rx along the chassis, and for the antenna wire I wrapped half around the chassis, and put the other half in an antenna tube (also zip tied to the chassis) and I have ZERO glitching, on stock rtr electronics.

This also keeps the wires out of the way of the spur and links so they don't get chewed or pinched up.

I thought I had a picture, but I can't find it right now. I might take one later when I get home and post it up.

Basically any time you have a signal wire next to a power wire, the power wire will give off electromagnetic interference, and the signal wire interprets that as signal, so it glitches (or in car audio you get engine noise.) Just keep them as seperated as possible.

Last edited by monkeyracer; 01-28-2009 at 07:26 AM.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:33 AM   #4
RCC Addict

some times the wireing can do that. sometimes its a bad rx/tx chrystal or something esle. keep in mind, the stock radios only have 6 channels to work on, and any rc from Tyco, AirHOgs ect. all use those same 6 channels. as does traxxas and most any other rtr radio.

the frequencey they run on (27MHZ) is suseptable to all sorts of things than can interfere with radio signal.

you can try to keep your antenna wires away from the motor/esc and the power wires if you can. but it may or may not help.

Last edited by Timmahh; 01-28-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:44 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
I've got stock RTR electronics, and I used a 1:1 car audio rule; power on one side, signal on the other.

I ran the motor and battery wires on one side of the chassis, and zip tied them to it. On the other side, the servo wire is coiled (wrap around a pen or screwdriver shaft,) the 3-wire from the esc to rx along the chassis, and for the antenna wire I wrapped half around the chassis, and put the other half in an antenna tube (also zip tied to the chassis) and I have ZERO glitching, on stock rtr electronics.

This also keeps the wires out of the way of the spur and links so they don't get chewed or pinched up.

I thought I had a picture, but I can't find it right now. I might take one later when I get home and post it up.

Basically any time you have a signal wire next to a power wire, the power wire will give off electromagnetic interference, and the signal wire interprets that as signal, so it glitches (or in car audio you get engine noise.) Just keep them as seperated as possible.

So right about separating power and signal....Another thing (i know it does not look as good, but the antenna is tuned to a length, don't cut it!! Also if you can have most if not all of it sticking straight-up, that's what the antenna-post is for. Give it a try see if that helps
cato is offline   Reply With Quote