Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Scale ax 10 (nitro)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Scale ax 10 (nitro)

WHATS UP MY NAMES JON IVE BEEN BUILDING THIS TRUCK FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS AND ITS CRAZYYYYYY AND BE4 YOU BASH PLZ UNDERSTAND THAT IT DOES NOT AND WILL NEVER BE A ..I JUST GOT BOARD WITH ELECTRIC

I STARTED WITH AX 10 KIT
GOT THE X TRAIL CHASSIS
THAN I JUST GOT BOARD N TOOK MY 2.5 TRX MOTOR
MADE A MOUNT FOR THAT.. THAN I WENT TO MY LOCAL HOBBY SHOP GOT A SPUR GEAR AND MOTOR GEAR FOR A REVO AN MOUNTED A REVO GEAR TO THAT AX TRANS ITS BEEN FUNN SO FAR WELL I RAN IT AND YA IT TATALLY SUCKED ASS ON A ROCK LOL REMEMBER AND IF YOU CANT LOOK UP AT WHAT I SAID ITS NOT... SO I BROKE THE GAS TANK DOING A 30 MILE A HOUR ENDOVER END CART WHEEL LMAO SO I SAID OK TIME TO GET REAL SO I TOOK IT APART STARTING WITH THE EXHUAST I MADE A HEADER SO I CAN MAKE IT A DUAL EXHAUST AND IM ALSO AWAITING THE ORDER OF A 4 DOLLAR GAS TANK THAT HAS BEEN ON ORDER FOR 3 WEEKS ITS A DUBRO AIRPLANE TANK THAT IS REALLY SMALL I THINK ITS LIKE A 25 CC TANK OR SOMETHING I WILL POST THE PICS FALLOWING THIS ARTICLE
nitroscaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Why Not

Give us a video also if you can. Being creative is a good thing.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default pictures (nitro)scale ax 10

i forgot one thing and thats the rest of the exhuast the reason for the header having 2 ports is becuase im going to have two tubes made from 3/8s brakeline running half way down the frame than i will have 2 1/2 copper pipes forming a stack like on a deisel pickup..

[IMG]http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww169/JonChrissy08/RCTRUCK021.jpg
[/IMG]

Old 08-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
I joined the Band!

Cool..it looks kinda heavy lol but cool nevertheless. Easy on the caps! it hurts my ears
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Default shes a thick one fo show

accually she only weighs about 3 pounds without gas in it
Old 08-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #6

Too bad the pics are all so out of focus. Looks like a cool idea.
gearheadgraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #7
Custom Carbon Fiber

doesnt look bad at all. always been a fan to do things like that, can understand how sometimes you just need the smell of nitro lol.

id say drop some 90mm shocks on it, maybe shift the engine forward some more and throw an old lexan body on it. make a nice little nitro scaler you can enjoy.

reminds me of 2 Bruisers I did years ago and an F350 I built over on RCMT ..... Electric was fun but throwing that nitro in a HiLift sure was exciting.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:11 PM   #8
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

You could try to tilt the tranny over alittle, and get the clutch bell to engage the spur near the bottom, would lower the engine down quite a bit. Props for getting it on there at least.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Default thank you all for not blowing up in my face like a top fueler

ok the reason the motor sits were it is and not further forword is because the tank sits there right in front of the motor its a sullivan 1 ounce tank for a airplane the idea is that if it rolls over it has that petcock thats stays in the fuel therefore it wont shut off on a rollover so i can save a crap load of time on a trail trying to keep her running anyways id like to keep chatting but i gotta get some lunch
Old 08-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

nice mattress...
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Default lol to me and my wifes matress

thanks alot are living conditions are not normal are house burnt down a few years ago an we have been building a house and living in it while we are working on it so theres no point in worrying about all kinds of nice stuff but thanks how about my truck how do you like that
Old 08-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Exclamation got my gass tank

well my 1 ounce tank finally came in ill have it installed on the truck and ill have pictures posted within the next hour or so tootles :-P:-(evil::-P
Old 08-21-2009, 06:14 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Looks interesting. When you've got it rolling take some vids.
I'd love to see this project completed and what it can do.

Take the camera further from the object and use the zoom, should result in clearer pictures.
Also setting the camera on an object and using the timer helps.
It's what I do for the close ups
Crimson Feight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:50 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Default update!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok ill have new pics i never got any pis up after the tank install i found the old powerwagon that came with the kit and i tore into a military build...i used to be in the army so i love the desert truck look so i got some paint and tore my truck to peices right now im waiting on it to driy so i can assemble it ill keep this updated and ill be having a live build vid on youtube tonight or tomorow
Old 08-23-2009, 02:11 PM   #15
Suck it up!

Not to be overly critical here, but these are my thoughts...

1. Great idea, can't wait to see it mobile.
2. Nitro engines don't have to stand up to run. Lay it on its side a bit to get it lower. Also shove it over to recenter it in the chassis and place the clutchbell to the side instead of on top.
3. That exhaust system will kill your engine. If you want dual stacks, run a real 2 stroke muffler and replumb your stacks off of it.
4. You shouldn't have cut the head.
5. Run a low nitro content fuel to help keep it cool. I wouldn't go over 10%.
6. Have fun with the torque twist! Though if you do it right, the force of the motor could counteract the chassis twist...
7. Use the period key when you type. It makes posts much easier to read.
8. You need to get your axle pinions aimed towards the transmission better.
9. While you're at it, do the Maxx shaft mod (do a search for it) and get some driveshafts that will stand up to the abuse its going to get. Those stockers won't last but a few hard launches at best.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 08-23-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Default okayyy

sorry still no pics. been busy on the house.someone says i have to use periods ive ran it on its side the carb floods out so i mounted it the oposite direction.next thing is this thing runs great no problems overheating or nothing.not only that my exhuast will and does work just becuasse you never seen a dual header dont mean anything..also i am using 2stroke pipes just the exhuast system will be home made .sorry if i sound rude but its my build i dont want help read it like it an love it if you dont then get off my ****ing build thread........
Old 08-25-2009, 09:03 PM   #17
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroscaler View Post
sorry still no pics. been busy on the house.someone says i have to use periods ive ran it on its side the carb floods out so i mounted it the oposite direction.next thing is this thing runs great no problems overheating or nothing.not only that my exhuast will and does work just becuasse you never seen a dual header dont mean anything..also i am using 2stroke pipes just the exhuast system will be home made .sorry if i sound rude but its my build i dont want help read it like it an love it if you dont then get off my ****ing build thread........
Just some constructive critisism man...like I said, can't wait to see it completed.

The carb shouldn't flood out, there isn't anything in there to flood. It may be pooling fuel up in the case though...

I didn't know you were using actual 2 stroke pipes. Alot of people think they can plumb that stuff like a 4 stroke and then wonder why they can't get them to run right...just trying to give you a heads up on that.

Also, you can't post a build thread without expecting some comments. Good or bad you gotta take them all. What you do with them is entirely up to you.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:34 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Default i understand what your saying

sorry if i was a jerk you have no clue how many ppl hate this kinda stuff and how many posts ive edited cuzz of haters.but ya it wont run on its side i dont no why but i had it laying on its side it wouldnt work fuel was running out of the carb..so i just took it as it was flooding nd i was like back to the drawling board and this setup runs really good also im running heavy oil in the shocks i kid you not i have about 0 torq twist i was like wow cuzz thats almost impossible anyways sorry ill take your advise respectfully i was tired and cranky last night.....for an update i still dont have pics up im not finished puting the truck together and im major busy ill post them soon ..
Old 10-02-2009, 07:57 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

Any updates? I want to see it done haha. Someone else on this site did one and it came out pretty cool, not very functional but cool none the less. I like the idea so lets see some progress.
SpaceBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:47 AM   #20
Pebble Pounder

GREAT PICS!!
ErÄjOrMa is offline   Reply With Quote