Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Axial ax10 fine weight adjustment on wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Axial ax10 fine weight adjustment on wheels

I have been looking at my buddies revolver rims and was thinking of a way to fine tune the stock axial rims.
Then it hit me fill up the factory bullet holes. So a 3/8-24 screw of any type can be used. Also since the holes already measure .375 dia. There is no need to tap them (makes for a loose thread.) the set screws will start and cut threads them selves. I put mine in from the back because the back is flat and I hate doing threads by hand at an angle. But I think they look good.
3/8-24x1/2 stainless steel set screw weights .145 oz. So 8 per wheel would be a total of 1.46 oz.
3/8-24x1/4 set screw weights .100 oz. Would be a total of .800 oz.
Not much weight but if you put ss socket head cap screws in them it would only increase weight. So there are a lot of possibilities with this and their is also on need to take the beadlocks off if your using set screws that are 1/2 and under long.
I know there not as adjustable as the revolvers, but still not bad for a little extra tuning. I can go from 9.24 oz which is the weight of one front tire with out the screws in to 10.7 with all 8 ss set screws. Just thought I would let you guys in on what I found out today. Sorry if the links don't work. This is the first time I've tried to upload pics and post them from my phone. I'll put new ones up tomorrow from my computer.

http://m70.photobucket.com/albumview...rHhMnTrNOLA%3D

http://m70.photobucket.com/albumview...rHhMnTrNOLA%3D

Last edited by Goatsniper; 02-13-2011 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Links in the middle of post
Goatsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2011, 12:57 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Pretty good idea, simple yet ingenious
cagedcbr is offline   Reply With Quote