Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Junfac shafts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 07:07 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Junfac shafts

Just got done transferring all of my parts from my tube build over to a DMG Diablo chassis. Love the way this thing is setup, however the front shaft will pull apart if there is to much downtravel. I'm thinking I need to shorten my links just a bit or is there another way around this? My WB is currently around 12.25" and I got the shafts for the AX10. Any ideas guys?
YJJPWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
Tossin' Salad

I have the 3Racing driveshafts in my SCX10. I used to run them on my comp rig.

One question though....if your wheelbase is 12.25".....and your front shaft comes apart at droop...you may have way too much flex.
Can you post pics of your setup?

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:29 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I will after I get home from work....it seems like I have the front driveshaft maxed out just at normal ride height. The DS will not come apart if I am flexing the front end, however on a steep climb or a drop as the suspension cycles downward, it will pop out. Very frustrating, especially at 2am EST after I got it done and wanted to drive it around. My ride height is 2.75"
Old 02-16-2011, 07:31 AM   #4
Tossin' Salad

Well, the 3Racing shafts will fix that for sure. They can extend quite long, and they do not come apart.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:56 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post
Well, the 3Racing shafts will fix that for sure. They can extend quite long, and they do not come apart.

Casey

sigh....thats why I bought the JunFacs because everyone was saying how good they were. I'm impressed with them as well, wish they were a tad longer. I'm going to try and shorten the links up front, should be a fairly simple thing to do. Also, I was thinking maybe I could drill/tap a hole near the end of the driveshaft and put a screw in. Or I could limit flex. I'll put some pictures up tonight when I get home. What is the "normal" WB length for an AX10? I thought it was somewhere around 12" or so.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #6
RCC Addict

I am with KC. This sounds a little odd. How much articulation are you getting (to much is not good for driving and limiting shocks could fix a few problems)? Is the Tranny mounted right on the skid(moving it forward could help in two ways)? I know Junfac makes different lengths so that might be worth looking at. Best of luck fixing this.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #7
Croakin' across the pond!

I use the 3Racing ones in two Ax10's. After I'd bought them I read a whole lot of bad news but the reality is that I've hammered them and they've not snapped or stuck. The only really crap ones that I've used have been the stock ones. The Junfac ones are popular here too - I don't hear of many of them breaking either. I don't have any, otherwise I'd measure them for you - but as Casey says, the 3racing ones are long.

The only piece of crap I've had from 3Racing so far is the dig unit - it's cheap but just doesn't work. However, it does come supplied with their short shaft - and the shaft is good.

One thing they do though is come out if there's only one grub screw in place - it seems as if they need the pressure of the second screw on the back of the shaft. By come out I mean leave the drive, not split in the centre.

What's the angle like where they enter the outdrive and indrive? This can cause elongation of the shaft to its limit.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:20 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Since the diablo chassis was designed with the R2 trans in mind, I had to come up with a fix for this. I took a piece of delrin and mounted it to my trans, then mount the delrin to the chassis along with the skid that comes with the diablo kit. It is as far forward as it can go. Like I said earlier, I'll post pics when I get home. Besides shortening the links, is there anything else that I can do?
Old 02-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

just saw on junfacs website that they have a shaft that is from 107mm to 142mm. This would be perfect, however I'd have to wait 2 weeks to get them like before, any local(USA) place that carries them?
Old 02-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

tcs
guapotaco is offline   Reply With Quote