Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Cc bec must have?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 12:38 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Cc bec must have?

I just ordered a vp hurst dig unit from one of the members on here and will be putting it in this week. My question is wether or not I will need a cc bec and if I do need one, how should I wire it up. I have a hh br-xl and I am currently running 3s 1300 lipos. My steering servo is a hobbico cs-170 and I will be using the cheapo spectrum server that comes with the dx3e for the dig. I have a spare hitec 5645 mg servo with stripped gears, so when I rebuild it I will more than likely use that as the dig servo. Just want to know if I should order a bec before the vp dig gets here, thanks in advance.
Chevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

How much torque do your servos put out?
mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:42 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

You will want one for the cs-170, but the dig servo as long as it is just a standard will be fine from the rx like normal.
CrawlinClodKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:46 AM   #4
Tossin' Salad

Your BR-XL has a 6 amp internal BEC. More than likely, you wont need an external.

But, just in case you decide to do it, I would use this diagram. It is easy to do. Nevermind that the servos dont match yours.

KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:56 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post
Your BR-XL has a 6 amp internal BEC. More than likely, you wont need an external.

But, just in case you decide to do it, I would use this diagram. It is easy to do. Nevermind that the servos dont match yours.

That is how I was planning to set it up, I just didn't know if it was better to run the bec directly to one of the servos. This way seems the easiest. I know that the br-xl has a built in bec, but I remember reading somewhere that when you up the input voltage it looses output amperage, but I could be wrong. I guess I'll just run it and see how it goes and see if I really need one. Then again it couldn't hurt to run one. Thanks guys.
Chevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:54 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Doh..helps if I read the post. The brxl will be good like was said, no external needed.
CrawlinClodKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:33 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I'm running a 7955 steering servo and the cheapo spektrum for a dig servo on my brxl w/ no probs - only on 2s for now though. If you wanna get into serious comps though, an external BEC is never a bad idea.
version_three is offline   Reply With Quote