Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Anyone running VP's wraith knuckles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Anyone running VP's wraith knuckles?

So I couldn't find anyone with this setup I'm looking to get the long beef tubes, with VPs wriath knuckles and bta.

Anyone?
Full Penetration Fab. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I would look one post down at 4xfords build...
sourdojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Already saw that, It's a nice setup but, he is running xr knuckles. I was asking about the wraith knuckles. Go on vp's sit and you can see the diff

Last edited by Full Penetration Fab.; 09-28-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

If your running much caster, and want good upper link placement a bta set-up is almost impossible. And it's a lot easier using the XR knuckles with the low tierod and drag link in the front just like 4xFord did.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:36 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdojack View Post
If your running much caster, and want good upper link placement a bta set-up is almost impossible. And it's a lot easier using the XR knuckles with the low tierod and drag link in the front just like 4xFord did.
I didn't think that a lot of castor was necessary when running 8* king pins, but I'm not a big comp guy either.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

First of all what is it with you and the? Do you really think anyone wants to give you useful help when you tell everyone to f-off? The advice Tom gave and gives is good advice from a good longtime crawler. Both knuckles mount to the same c and share the same dimensions as far as the axle. Regardless of the 8 deg kingpin inclination a lot of us like to run a pretty significant amount of positive caster. Not sure what "Racing ackerman" is with the wraith knuckles but a 0 degree is more desirable for the most part. Im sure you could make or buy the proper arms to make them so if they aren't.
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:41 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandcrawler View Post
First of all what is it with you and the? Do you really think anyone wants to give you useful help when you tell everyone to f-off? The advice Tom gave and gives is good advice from a good longtime crawler. Both knuckles mount to the same c and share the same dimensions as far as the axle. Regardless of the 8 deg kingpin inclination a lot of us like to run a pretty significant amount of positive caster. Not sure what "Racing ackerman" is with the wraith knuckles but a 0 degree is more desirable for the most part. Im sure you could make or buy the proper arms to make them so if they aren't.
I'm sorry I have been on pirate for a long time and the is used a lot over there. I didn't mean anything by it, the guy is smiling after all........................

I didn't mean to put down what he said I was just looking for another way to do it.

I would really like to keep my BTA and was just wondering if anyone has done it.

Also, the VP wraith knuckles are zero ackerman but they do sell "racing ackerman" arms for them (means the inside tire turns sharper which is better for going fast) one of the reasons I wanted to go with the wraith knuckles was to save a little money.

So
Old 09-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

You can use the cheaper plastic XR knuckles, then cut the arms off and use two of the upper plates that bolt on. Chris The Battery Man did that on his Fatal Unicorn build.