Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Hexcrews screw kits...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Hexcrews screw kits...

Just wanted to pass the word that they will soon be offering screw kits for the Axial AX-10. They will make kits now if you ask but will be offering them on the site in the near future. I have used them before on other R/C's and they are a very complete and high quality kit. Tell them I (Chad) sent you and they will take care of you for all your R/C screw kit needs.

And no...I don't work for them or am I in anyway affiliated...just a happy customer glad to see they will do kits for these trucks.
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2010, 05:07 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I've never heard of that company myself, always just peiced together the screws I wanted from bulk or other kits. Are they S.S. kits? black, polished??? very interested.
cagedcbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

RCSCREWZ has been making stainless steel hex screw kits for the AX-10 for years.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:24 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Hexcrews are grade 12.9. They also have an armor plated line of screws that are supposed to be 30% stronger than titanium. The kit I got years ago for my T-Maxx and my Monster GT were mostly Black Oxide though a few of them were stainless when the black were not available.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
RCSCREWZ has been making stainless steel hex screw kits for the AX-10 for years.
I've always heard good stuff about them too. And Tony's Screw is another decent place to get screw kits.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I have a Tony's Screws kit on a 3905 E-maxx and am quite impressed with it. All 12.9 hardware, includes every screw in the truck, plus at least one extra of every size. All bags neatly labeled with size and quantity. What more could I want?

For individual hardware, I go with HPI stuff cause it is also grade 12.9.

Most of the stainless hardware I see it softer than their replacements and bend/strip too easily for my tastes.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
Rockin' in Reno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
Just wanted to pass the word that they will soon be offering screw kits for the Axial AX-10. They will make kits now if you ask but will be offering them on the site in the near future. I have used them before on other R/C's and they are a very complete and high quality kit. Tell them I (Chad) sent you and they will take care of you for all your R/C screw kit needs.

And no...I don't work for them or am I in anyway affiliated...just a happy customer glad to see they will do kits for these trucks.
What is the website for the company? Nothing comes up when I search for hexscrews.
rcjackson0926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

http://www.hexcrews.com ?
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:50 PM   #9
Rockin' in Reno

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
Well, that is just too damn obvious. I should have tried that. I wonder why it didn't come up in my Google search though. Weird. Anyway, thanks.
rcjackson0926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I wish they gave you a break down of all the sizes. Pretty da#n expensive for something I cannot see or Itemized list of what I am getting.
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the price but not itemized description.
dogsofwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjackson0926 View Post
Well, that is just too damn obvious. I should have tried that. I wonder why it didn't come up in my Google search though. Weird. Anyway, thanks.
Its because you put hexScrews instead of hexcrews... anyhow has these kits been tested and how much of a difference compared to rcscrewz?
Fletch24 is offline   Reply With Quote