Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Axial AX10 a.k.a Hadesbear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2014, 07:53 AM   #1

Default Axial AX10 a.k.a Hadesbear

Hello everyone! Finally I work out topic my 2.2 Shafty "Hadesbear".
My english is not the best, but I'm trying..

Technical Information:

Axles: Axial AX10
Chassis: Nordic Crawler Design SuDu One FL 2.2s
Links: Nordic Crawler Design Titanium
Motor: Holmes Hobbies 27T
ESC: Holmes Hobbies BR Mini
BEC: Castle Creations 10A
Servo: Futaba BLS157HV
Batteries: DualSky 3S 400mAh 35/70C
Tires: LaaLaa Skinny Rovers
Wheels: Nordic Crawler Design Carbon Three Piece Specials 0.8"
Foams: LaaLaa Skinny Rover Specials
Shocks: Axial SCX10 Aluminium
Springs: Team Losi Mini-T Silver + One Green
Radios: Futaba 4PL

-------
-------
Hadesbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2014, 08:16 AM   #2

Default Re: Axial AX10 a.k.a Hadesbear

So last saturday we have our Finnish RC Crawling Series 2014 last comp in Keljonkangas. Comp was tight, but I get position -3- and also take same place whole season 2014

Some picture:

Starting track number one.

Yes, my batterystand is funny

We have couple tricky borderline this comp.

Lucky hitch..

This was kind of slippery place, but skinny rover rock!

Comp result and also whole FRCCS season 2014 2.2 Shafty.

Track number 3 was my best performance and there is the video:

So next I'm going to drive Jamestown RI, I cant wait to see many familiar faces and also new crawldudes. Tomorrow we start our trip - so see you there!
Old 09-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Nice driving !

See you soon
JENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:55 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Looks like some pretty fun rock to crawl. Looking forward to meeting you at Worlds.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:49 AM   #5

Hello!

Warning: I dont remember when I'm write english like this and so much. My english isn't best but I want to "speak" and share things
all you awsome guys and this is the only way do it. I hope you understand my text and yeah there is still many misspelling but I try my best.
I get couple tips how to write better

I made my finnish comp report last week and then try to write some english report...
This report is only kind of "car report", but finnish forum I have big "trip story" and many pics.
I write some day the english version that "trip story"..

This whole trip was my this year happy target and another new place to drive my historical "Hadesbear". This comp was my 66 crawling comp
that same car and also comp 200. This is also my Rc Formula Offroad car and I'm drived 121 rc foff comps this car. Sure many components is
change new and better but the body is still same. I think everyone can see that fact with own eyes Anyway, this trip was exciting and
finally I get change to see rc crawling in USA! Whole arrangement was very BIG and wonderfully planed. There was so many new people and
also many familiar faces. Atmosphere was fantastic and I enjoy whole comp very much. Big thanks everyone how made this happen! My own
performances in 2.2 Shafty class was okey and my "level". So let's started some story:

Comp place was unbelievable great rock area and I think there is infinitely drive place! Traction was also more than spain and it was beginning big problem my 2.2 Shafty.
I have Laalaa Skinny Rovers wich work finland great but now when is so much traction in rock it's little problem. Especially downhills if you come too fast down and suddenly
stopped the car fall - roll and roll... and it's not good thing So much more traction versus finland, so I have to learn control it.

Wednesday couple training batterys:
In the first place we think not to drive wednesday but afterwards I can only thank we drive! My 2.2 Shafty was alarming bad setup. Traction was hard for me and without this
training day my comp performances would be something else... So I training and testing some different things but I dont get the right feeling. I drive about 3 batterys and car
felt too narrow. Also there is that fact if you fall you maybe roll very far away and hit the gate... I didn't change width yet but get some more touch rocks. Traction was so
much so I have to take different approach work it out. Some places my servo havent enough strength turn right and left because skinny rovers grip so hard to rock. Day was
hard and evening I think many new way how I make car better?...

Thursday main training day:
Wednesday eve I decide turn around VP SLW Hex Hubs. I have three pieces bedlocks and possibility change also that way my car width. So I put hubs beyond and then I get
little bit more width. It's isn't too width when I testing it but somehow it didn't right. I rotate my car and thinking... Then I decide try something really odd! I change codriver
tires hubs back to "normal" and leave driver side hubs in place. Then I get different width both sides and it's look like okey, so test run! I drive many batterys and this very
odd width feel so good to drive! Notice is I also get maximum "turning point" when narrow setup my other side hit link and bumber and other not hit. Now this "golden strike" setup
I get maximum turning both sides without hit links or bumbers. Also now my rig width is precisely same as my 2.2 pro and that was good! Training day ended good feeling and
evening I charge batterys and fix/check my shafty car ready to comp!

I compose comp sticker and find there best place to put it. I hope it remain good long time (for memory)

Those pictures you can see my odd "golden strike". I have three pieces bedlocks and possibility change also that way my car width.

Friday comp:
Friday morning started early when our finnish group go to comp place make one course 2.2 shafty. Feeling was excelent and good way waiting for.
Most of I was little tense because we have only 5 minutes time each course. Finland we have 6 minutes so now one minute less and of course
is it some meaning. Big "scare" what if I dont make it finish line any courses? Day proceed and luckily I was able to drive three courses 5 minutes deadline.
Only course four (Ottsix) I dont get finish. That was very hard course because only 1/47 drivers made it. I get some good performances but like
always if.. there was couple of stupid reverses and mistakes but I'm still happy my result. Is also remember when you compete you drive so feelings
and try to do your best and when time is ending I often panic and make pointless mistakes. Anyway, thats racing!

Course number - sponsor - my points - my rank in course/every drivers

Course #1 Futaba: +15 [7/47]

I think I was fourt or fifth driver who drive this course. Nobody hasn't yet go to finish so I was exciting.
My turn and I hit gate 4 and ride gate 5. Then gate 8 was tricky and car was little moment stuck until it loosen and hit the gate.
Also car fall but luckily I get it up. So I have now three gates and some reverses. Gate 9 and I scared car base plate hit rock and
run gate mark but ground clearance it's just enough! Then I have yet some time but still I made some stupid reverses. I get finish line
and there was also little situation! But I made it finish, Yeah! It was unic feel finish the course even if many mistakes but FINISH!
Also the feel when many people applaud you the atmosphere is awsome! These are the best moments this hobby when whole group
is at one! Also this performance was seven best this course

Course #2 Castle: -3 [16/47]

Course two was our team finland made by. Start to gate 3 went well but going to gate 4 was own problem. Skinny rovers grap too much
rock walls and I have to take some reverses. There I lost time so no bonus this course.. Gate 5 okey, then gate 6 I get front tires up but
rear axle drag rock and little move -> gate. At first I want to drive one bonus but time was ending so I decide not take it. Gate 7 clear
but again my car fall and again I get it up. Then hurry and end went well and finish! About 23 second left It was good course and I
be surprised when course judge SkaldidDog congratulate me, thanks man!

Course #3 Krawler Konceptz: +18 [12/47]

Course three first gate was very hard and I saw many car fallen start place. Still there was also good performances. I try once but my
line wasn't good so I decide save time and ride gate. Second gate was also tricky and I have problem there. I get car front down and
same time car back swing up gate... Besides now driving line is so bad and down gate so near... Couple of reverses and then I was able
to made it without second gate but time time... Gate 3 clear and line gate 4 good but too much sideline and I have to take gate. Now I
have already +30 and some reverses so not so good. Gate 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and finish, yeah! I made finish and that is always important.

Course #4 Ottsix: +28 [11/47]

Course four and nobody hasn't made it.. I saw couple performances and many drivers get gate 6-8. So I start this "lets see feeling".
First gate was really fun but my jump didn't work and I hit the gate damn.. Gate 2, 3, 4 clear but five was impossible so gate there.
Six gate was also hard but I made without gate. Then my car fall the canyon and there was also bonus bounder so I must pick car
and move previous gate six. New try and my spur gear isn't anymore good shape. I have +30 "some" points so I just trying and fall
again canyon and borke my universal joint, thats it... Not my best performance but this was really hard course.

Results 2.2 Shafty class:

I get place 12/47

In the end:
Yeah! Amazing trip! I love crawling and comp was great also I'm happy my performances. There was many good
and also tricky courses, fun to drive! Arrangements was perfectly manage and it was easy only drive there but
also nice get change do some courses. This is again glamorous path my car career. It's still true that Zarizi Tech
give me many good tips and spotting me. I try not to hear what he says (because I want to drive myself) but fact is
he is very good driver and know some gimmicks. So, thanks Zarizi Tech! ;) Car worked well and I future I will also
drive Skinny Rovers.

Also some strenght and weakness for me:
+ strength: tactical eye (dont drive bonus), ride gate -> get to the finish, use ground shapes like a "Dig"
- weakness: time worry -> stupid "hurry" reverses

Next?
This trip was my 2014 "target" and it's over now. We have still two comps our RFOT's Crawl Cup 2014 series and one special comp "Fence Puzzle II".
We also decide to use 5min course time our RFOT's Crawl Cup and next year we are driving 12 comps this series: one / month ;)
Old 09-22-2014, 08:27 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I think you write english better then you speak it!! ;) But the most important word is still BEER!!!

Nice write up friend!
douwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:44 AM   #7

Tomorrow we have our team first and special comp!

My 2.2s is ready to crawl. New front axle -> more steering and couple little things, so I'm waiting tomorrow!

Stuffs ready and we have couple of new elements: course "boards" etc..

So tomorrow we drive like CRAZY!
Old 01-18-2015, 10:40 AM   #8

I get new motor my 2.2 shafty!

Now I have more power, cant wait next comp!!

Old 02-15-2015, 01:25 PM   #9

Hadesbear ready to RFOT's Crawl Cup 2015 Comp #2 - Lahti, Bunker.
New weight is 1529g = 53.934oz
Old 02-15-2015, 01:28 PM   #10
RCC Addict

That's a lightweight stuff right there!
Zarizi Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:08 PM   #11

My 2.2s "Hadesbear" is ready tomorrow comp!

Finally! Tomorrow we have "RFOT's Crawl Cup 2015 Comp #2 - Lahti, Bunker (indoor comp).
That place is best indoor crawling place in finland. Awsom see many rc-friends and drive some courses!

It's interesting to see how "lightweight" working there..

Axial AX10 a.k.a Hadesbear - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***Axial AX10 Trannys shipping *** PLUS AX10 Straight Axle Giveaway*** Rockpiledriver RCP Crawlers 142 12-19-2007 03:57 PM
Axial Scorpion AX10 Axle Give-A-Way **Free AX10 Axles*** Rockpiledriver Axial AX-10 Scorpion 297 08-27-2007 06:15 AM