Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Ax-10 Wheels? Broken?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Ax-10 Wheels? Broken?

The wheels on my 2 month old ax have worn out. the hexs spin in side the wheel? why did this happen? it started on the back wheels and now the front. The battery was on the back axle for a little while but is now in the front. what is a good replacement? i dont want to spend a ton but i also dont want this to happen again. Kinda off topic but do yall think the mudslinger 2.2s would be a good tire for an ax? Or should i get mashers? or Moabs? Thanks guys
rockin92xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Which hex did you use? the plastic or metal ones form the kit. Are you checking the Hex set screw to make sure it's tight. You could try to supper glue or jb weld the plastic hex's in the rims. Good luck.
dinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:59 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

i used the metal ones. I put ca and washers in there for now but i want to do this thing up right.
rockin92xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:04 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I'm starting to get the same problem! I did everything up super tight aswell... I'm thinking bout getting new wheels, aluminium type
SkR8pN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:14 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

The Junfac beadlocks are an inexpensive option, and they look great. The only real downside is that you will have to enlarge the hole in the center of the wheel if you plan to use the stock aluminum hexes. You can also shave the nipple (ouch) off the included (with the Scorpion kit) plastic hexes, they work great as well.
85V8XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:20 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin92xj View Post
The wheels on my 2 month old ax have worn out. the hexs spin in side the wheel? why did this happen?
Wearing out the hex can be considered normal wear and tear. Two months seems like a short time for that to be normal, but it depends on your driving style, available traction and the amount of power you're putting down.

Primarily, hex wear is caused or aggravated by loose wheel nuts. Make sure your wheel nuts are tight every few runs and you can extend the life of your wheels considerably.
S1NN3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:02 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85V8XJ View Post
The Junfac beadlocks are an inexpensive option, and they look great. The only real downside is that you will have to enlarge the hole in the center of the wheel if you plan to use the stock aluminum hexes. You can also shave the nipple (ouch) off the included (with the Scorpion kit) plastic hexes, they work great as well.
You forgot the down side they strip as well. Check the thread on them in the tires section.

Go with some MSD beadlocks or RC4Wd ones. They dont strip hex's. Both can be a PITA to mount tire to but as long as the bead is in it wont come out and you will never strip the hex's I own both and have no issue's with either set.
rocktoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:24 AM   #8
On the lookout for Rocks

A friend of mine and I own a set of JunFacs. We have not had any issues withe the hexes spinning. Spun a couple of driveshafts in half but no hexes......I plan on getting any set of JunFacs.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote