RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial AX-10 Scorpion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/)
-   -   ax10 driveshaft assembly? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/97641-ax10-driveshaft-assembly.html)

mtnyote 12-25-2007 11:07 PM

ax10 driveshaft assembly?

Im having issues assembling my drive shafts:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:. I cant get the yoke on the shaft at the u joint. flame all you want, but i have searched for a long time and cant come up with any tips. please help me and if you wanna talk $h!t, thats cool too, but at least send me a link to a thread that can help me. thanx guys"thumbsup"

mtnyote 12-25-2007 11:11 PM

i cant get the cross pins out!!

Kamikaze 12-25-2007 11:17 PM

The plastic yolk just spreads out over it and pops into place. Please tell me you are kidding.

ColquittCustom405 12-25-2007 11:25 PM

Take a small flathead screwdriver,put it in the middle of the ball and pin (that will keep the yoke from moving) And put one side of the shaft in the hole,then work the other side of the shaft onto the yoke. Does that help?

mtnyote 12-25-2007 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamikaze (Post 979092)
Why the hell are you trying to get the pins out, its one peice, the plastic yolk just spreads out over it and pops into place. Please tell me you are kidding.

I was trying to locktite the pins for on the ckrc "upgrade" metal yoke. I saw this on the stage 2 build on this site. i just wanted some advice on how to get these pins out. I thought it was like a 1:1 u joint assembly where you remove to install and then replace. these pins are a bitch to get out. if you dont wanna help thats cool. all i need is to get these in and i can drive my truck for the first time. I couldnt find any in depth threads on this topic. it might seem basic to you, but its not covered on jasons' build. rc is new to me but i love crawling and would rather drive the ax10 than my yota truggy. so if you want to help, cool. if not F**k it"thumbsup"

mtnyote 12-25-2007 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 (Post 979103)
Take a small flathead screwdriver,put it in the middle of the ball and pin (that will keep the yoke from moving) And put one side of the shaft in the hole,then work the other side of the shaft onto the yoke. Does that help?

Kind of... i appreciate your humility

Kamikaze 12-25-2007 11:29 PM

I wasn't being a jerk, it's in the instructions, were does it say remove a pin from the yolk??

mtnyote 12-25-2007 11:33 PM

3/4 of the way down, it shows a diagram with the pins removed. maybe this was for reference and im not supposed to remove them:idea:

http://www.rccrawler.com/axialcompbuild.html

ColquittCustom405 12-25-2007 11:36 PM

Hey this is the newbie section. Don't be afraid to ask stupid questions.

Kamikaze 12-25-2007 11:37 PM

Thats a traxxas yolk, not the ax-10 yolk. Did you buy traxxas yolks or are you trying that with the axial ones, cause they dont come apart.

mtnyote 12-25-2007 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 (Post 979116)
Hey this is the newbie section. Don't be afraid to ask stupid questions.

I asked it in the ax10 tech section so...............i guess thats makes me "stupid":mrgreen:

Kamikaze 12-25-2007 11:44 PM

Which yolks were you using???

mtnyote 12-25-2007 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamikaze (Post 979117)
Thats a traxxas yolk, not the ax-10 yolk. Did you buy traxxas yolks or are you trying that with the axial ones, cause they dont come apart.

I bought the "Upgrade" Yokes from ckrc. i think they are traxxas. they were prabably marketed for dummies like me. i bought them because ckrc said they fit the ax10. if they dont work out, i will start looking at other aftermarket suppliers. the rear lockouts i bought from them seem to look good

mtnyote 12-25-2007 11:47 PM

at least i didnt ask how to solve torque twist issues:mrgreen:

Kamikaze 12-25-2007 11:49 PM

Just use the stock yolks and jato half shafts. I have yet to pop one off and I am running a huge motor. http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Traxxas-J...0-p-16158.html You need to remove the metal ball before you try to put them on the stock yolks.

Kamikaze 12-25-2007 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnyote (Post 979129)
at least i didnt ask how to solve torque twist issues:mrgreen:

That is true, but you said this in your opening post didn't you.....
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnyote (Post 979080)
please help me and if you wanna talk $h!t, thats cool too, but at least send me a link to a thread that can help me. thanx guys"thumbsup"

Did I deliever or what???

ColquittCustom405 12-25-2007 11:52 PM

Sorry.....Ass-sumed. I'm an idiot.

mtnyote 12-26-2007 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamikaze (Post 979134)
That is true, but you said this in your opening post didn't you.....

Did I deliever or what???

Its about F**ING TIME:flipoff::flipoff::flipoff:

thanks for the driveshaft tips. i bought ckrcs' Upgrade for like 45 bux and they look like the same $h!t that comes in the stock package. lol .... lesson learned. maybe i can get rid of them on ebay. i thought i was learning from all you guys' experience with breakin the stockers. like i said before. F**K IT:!:

grapegoat 12-26-2007 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnyote (Post 979080)
Im having issues assembling my drive shafts:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:. I cant get the yoke on the shaft at the u joint. flame all you want, but i have searched for a long time and cant come up with any tips. please help me and if you wanna talk $h!t, thats cool too, but at least send me a link to a thread that can help me. thanx guys"thumbsup"

boil some water on the stove, use some tongs to hold your drivelines in it. it will soften them up and the yoke will pop right in. Let it cool and the plastic will shrink a little and it will seat on the yoke very well. I havent had a problem with my stock drive shafts yet. And I try to break stuff. 8)