Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX10 2nd-gen

Notices

Thread: Finally my ridgecrest build is done!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Talking Finally my ridgecrest build is done!!!

Ok guys some of you may have been waiting and some wanted to see a few pictures, I just got down with a build that lasted for 5 months it was long, expensive but well worth it, here is my axial ridgecrest in a full rock crawler form (Hope it uploaded right, sorry if it doesn't)

Last edited by axial 4x4 crawler; 07-04-2014 at 06:48 PM.
axial 4x4 crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Finally my ridgecrest build is done!!!

Could have at least used double sided tape or Velcro on the bec. Lmao!!! But does look good. I really like the orange and black.
jboehler04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

i zip-tied mine to the frame on the side, holds great and im not worried about weight with that lol. nice rig man
benster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I like it. looks good

I used Velcro
Attached Images

Last edited by Norton; 12-05-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Talking Re: Finally my ridgecrest build is done!!!

I'm not trying to take anything away from your post, but I have to call a spade a spade....You sir, are no where near done with this build! Tomorrow, if not later today, you will find something that you want to change or add to it. Then that will lead to more changes, and more hop ups. Ultimately, you will have a rig that looks like Norton's and you'll start thinking up new ways to modify existing parts just so you can work on it - LOL!

This is an addiction and there is NEVER and end to any build....you may postpone indefinitely, but you are NEVER DONE!

This is humor and not criticism - haha! I cant believe I actually typed this disclaimer!

Oh, Almost forgot - Looks very clean! Nice build start. NOW GO GET IT DIRTY!
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Yeah the BEC is temporarily mounted, I have some stick on Velcro to add in a while, I was just tired after working 6 hours on it but thank you for you comment!!
Old 12-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I am somewhat done with this, I already put about 600 in this and I am building it for comps. but I dont want to change this thing entirely like the xr-10s, it is a progressing build, but really what more can I do to it, I could waste money and put vanquish axles on it which are really not worth the money except on scale trucks like the scx-10. I am not trying to be rude at all, but I just bought a traxxas e-revo which burnt my wallet into ashes.Lol. Trust me I don't need anything else on this truck, maybe just one of these days a tekin fx-r and Holmes hobby motor.... but thats after the stock goes out. The body is ugly looking which is ok for know but may change to a clear body and make my own theme. I actually cant drive it yet because its for christmas so they just told me I can work it but thats no big deal anyways, here is the upgrade list that is on the truck know:
- Vanquish stage 1 (c-hubs, etc)
- Vanquish trusses
- Vanquish tie rods/ drag link
- Hot Racing diff. covers
- Hot Bodies rovers Blue compound with 3.5 oz. in each (I can always add more with the inserts for the rings)
- Axial ocp universals for the front
- Axial xr-10 black springs
- Axial beadlocks 2.2
- Savox sv-1270tg servo
- Castle 10 amp BEC
- Gens ace 5000 mah 65c 7.4 lipo

I think thats everything but I could be wrong. Where and How can I get a "FastBack II" chassis? I have seen them on the forums but never seen them on the net, but then I would have to put my battery on the axle and then move my servo.... it goes on and on but a different chassis would be cool, just some modify would take it to a whole new level. If anyone can tell me how to get my hands on a "Fastback II" chassis I would appreciate, thank you everyone for your thoughts and comments,
- axial 4x4 crawler
Old 12-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Oh, I don't know.....let me see if I remember where I got mine.....hehe

index

Trade ya for the Revo! That's the one Traxxas car that has eluded my stable for years! $$$$$
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I can name couple more things you may want to look into if your gonna comp that rig. One being a dig and the other some steel gears. I'm sure there other things that will help you in the comps but jus a couple more ideas for you. Lol like red said you ain't close to done. You'll have that thing totally built a different way in about oh let's say three months. My addiction started out as a crest and now that rig has morphed over to an scx. Literally morphed only thing left from my crest is the skid and tranny. But it is a good start and clean build.
jboehler04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Are those stock plastic suspension links? If so, they will never hold up to comps.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsawacs View Post
I'm not trying to take anything away from your post, but I have to call a spade a spade....You sir, are no where near done with this build! Tomorrow, if not later today, you will find something that you want to change or add to it. Then that will lead to more changes, and more hop ups. Ultimately, you will have a rig that looks like Norton's and you'll start thinking up new ways to modify existing parts just so you can work on it - LOL!

This is an addiction and there is NEVER and end to any build....you may postpone indefinitely, but you are NEVER DONE!

This is humor and not criticism - haha! I cant believe I actually typed this disclaimer!

Oh, Almost forgot - Looks very clean! Nice build start. NOW GO GET IT DIRTY!
Perhaps his budget says he's done,,,?????
Evesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
Are those stock plastic suspension links? If so, they will never hold up to comps.
I can't afford new titanium links, for know I am leaving the plastic on their. I don't know when I will be able to do comps. with it, especially because I also do short course racing which is very costly so the plastic will have to work...... for know
Old 12-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsawacs View Post
Oh, I don't know.....let me see if I remember where I got mine.....hehe

index

Trade ya for the Revo! That's the one Traxxas car that has eluded my stable for years! $$$$$
- HaHa I am not trading my e-revo for a comp crawler, I haven't even ran my e-revo yet so their is no way, but thanks anyways.

Finally my ridgecrest build is done!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cheap ridgecrest starter build. Gravebane525 Axial AX10 2nd-gen 10 08-29-2013 11:17 AM
DolphinsFan Ridgecrest build DolphinsFan Axial AX10 2nd-gen 6 03-28-2013 02:47 PM
J21 ridgecrest build johnson21 Axial AX10 2nd-gen 6 02-22-2013 04:07 PM
My Ridgecrest Build sacornett Axial AX10 2nd-gen 9 10-30-2012 10:50 AM