Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Aftermarket front bumper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2017, 07:25 AM   #1

Default Aftermarket front bumper

Hey guy I've been looking for awhile now for a front bumper that I can run my rc4wd tow shackles on for my bomber . have any of y'all saw anything ?
Shorty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2017, 07:57 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Aftermarket front bumper

Scalerfab and DMG makes a bumper. I see nothing with shackle mounts though.

My front bumper has been busted for a while now. I was hoping for a simple metal replacement at a reasonable price.

$22 for another plastic one on a parts tree seems high too.

There's a theme here...I'm kinda cheap. Lol
raul shabinguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:13 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Most of these guys will build one any way you want it. Just ask them.
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:43 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty123 View Post
Hey guy I've been looking for awhile now for a front bumper that I can run my rc4wd tow shackles on for my bomber . have any of y'all saw anything ?
How about this.? Its alot like stock, dont know if this will serve the purpose..

NWKENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:47 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

^^^ Ummm.... ya post that sweet thing and no product name (or link)?

LOLz... Enquiring minds want to know!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Bumpers are nice, but there is something even better in those pics that nobody has commented on. 3 tube realistic looking/scale King bypass shocks, front and rear. Take another look gang....... on the shapeways site.

Last edited by MAC FAB; 01-07-2017 at 01:59 PM.
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:43 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Missed the RC4WD part. Duh. Nice, too bad I cant use them now. :^(
Old 01-08-2017, 01:46 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Is there any pictures with a 2" vp light bar installed in the front bumper? I like the look of the proline but curious how it looks with a vp light bar.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:08 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Is there any pictures with a 2" vp light bar installed in the front bumper? I like the look of the proline but curious how it looks with a vp light bar.
See post #4..I believe the photo will give the answer you seek..dont know for sure if its the VP bar or another..contact "Cork" he has posted here..he is the developer/manf..the discription describes a VP bar..I assume the VP is the one shown

Last edited by NWKENT; 01-08-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:18 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

That's the proline light bar. That's why I asked for a picture of a VP light bar. Lol
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:40 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

I personally like where the stock spare is located, sometimes crawling, the stock one will hang, but I quickly adjusted to it being there..I'm building another RR10, and thought I'd go with the rear mounted spare on my latest build..I think it looks nice..The forward mounted spare is nice, I have the spare forward on my Yeti RR..thought I'd try something different..If the Bomber is used like your picture suggested, then one would probably never hang the spare on something..BUT..some of us crawl with the RR10 also..dual purpose the rig..LOL..no expert here..just speaking for myself. ;)
Old 01-08-2017, 02:57 PM   #12
RCC Addict

I'm talking trophy truck/pre runner truck go fast rig more so than a traditional bomber. And as a go fast rc bomber (SCORE), just like the rc trophy trucks, weight to the rear like you see, even to the point of adding extra weight to the spare. That tire and wheel combo weighs about 170 lbs in real life, so some "modified" mounts would really suck. Fight getting your spare off the car, only to have to fight getting the flat tire back on the mount. Don't want to leave it behind for $$$$ sake or get penalized for leaving it either. Rear angle for going up or dropping off stuff may not be your friend with the one shown either.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:06 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

RR10 kit..100% stock, rolling..with battery, all electronics..just needs paint..LH a bit light, cured that since photo..

Last edited by NWKENT; 01-08-2017 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:10 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslin View Post
I've never understood the hate for the Bomber spare, it's mounted exactly where it is on the 1:1 buggy. A vertical tire is not go fast, more trail jeep, maybe prerunner.

I have not removed the spare... yet, but i have relocated it up closer above the fuel cell and from a purely crawling point of veiw it has made such a difference on uphill climbing that i am considering removing it all together. The 1:1 has so much additional weight up front from the engine a spare hanging out the back doesn't make much difference. For the 1:10 really other than the battery and i guess the servo there isnt any other weight for counter balance. That and all the front weight is on or behind the axle where the spare is exactly opposite with all of its weight pulling back on the vehicle. Once i moved it over the axle a huge improvement was made and as reluctant as i was because i wanted the scale look as close as possible to stock i dont regret it at all and it has made me come to accept that some mods do change the "look" but more than make up for it with functionality.

Ok, i can breath now, haha. Anyway this of course is just my opinion but it is what i have observed in my particular situation and i hope it helps someone else.
Mikeinsocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:34 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeinsocal View Post
I have not removed the spare... yet, but i have relocated it up closer above the fuel cell and from a purely crawling point of veiw it has made such a difference on uphill climbing that i am considering removing it all together. The 1:1 has so much additional weight up front from the engine a spare hanging out the back doesn't make much difference. For the 1:10 really other than the battery and i guess the servo there isnt any other weight for counter balance. That and all the front weight is on or behind the axle where the spare is exactly opposite with all of its weight pulling back on the vehicle. Once i moved it over the axle a huge improvement was made and as reluctant as i was because i wanted the scale look as close as possible to stock i dont regret it at all and it has made me come to accept that some mods do change the "look" but more than make up for it with functionality.

Ok, i can breath now, haha. Anyway this of course is just my opinion but it is what i have observed in my particular situation and i hope it helps someone else.
I agree..the spare furthest to the back, is a handicap somewhat, I want to keep my current, nearing complete in stock layout..this next Bomber I plan on dedicating it to 100% crawl, and is why I'm gonna change the spare, and hoping the spare holder in rear, down low will be the one I go with permanently..but testing is the answer..my Yeti likes the spare up forward..I like the apperance of the spare holder mentioned here, for rock racer Bomber, it'll probably be great..crawling, not so sure..lol..
Old 01-08-2017, 03:37 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Nwkent, where did you find that scale setup and how much $? Thanx
Mikeinsocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:45 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeinsocal View Post
Nwkent, where did you find that scale setup and how much $? Thanx
I want the spring scales also..but want do a 120 - 130 mm shock spring, whom knows what springs we purchase, with only color mark to go by....Here friend >> https://www.amainhobbies.com/gforce-...fc0022/p440225

Last edited by NWKENT; 01-08-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:34 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWKENT View Post
How about this.? Its alot like stock, dont know if this will serve the purpose..

Contacted this company i am getting there bumper...the weight is a big factor for me and sonce the bomber is already front heavy and for 10$ this bumper is great...they also have radiator and other options for bomber as well
Mr Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:42 AM   #19
Rock Stacker

KOOL..I hope the bumper works out well for you..Yes..he has many other parts available..I have a bumper ordered, should be here today/tomorrow..thanks for your reply..
Old 01-09-2017, 02:20 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

I just ordered one of those stingers too. Looks nice and I've been wanting a stinger for my Bomber for a while now just didn't like the looks of any of the others available. FFWF made his own and it looks awesome.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote