Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Looking to run IFS…. Bomber? Yeti? Other?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2023, 09:32 AM   #1

Default Looking to run IFS…. Bomber? Yeti? Other?

I want to run a U4/ IFS setup rig but am just running into roadblock after roadblock. Everyone seems to say Yeti’s aren’t worth it anymore, bummer. DMG stopped making IFS kits for B1B Bombers….
I used to have a bomber, but it was setup more as a crawler and I remember it being pretty top heavy.
What are my options? I still want a solid axle rear, so Lasernut is out. Not a big fan of the look of the Hammer Rey, and worried about aftermarket part support. I’m so upset that axial doesn’t have a rig like this….. I have the yeti Jr. And its so close to being fun, but flips over far too often to be anything more than a toy
jakehinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2023, 04:05 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Looking to run IFS…. Bomber? Yeti? Other?

Slash 4x is about your only option, which makes you run SC wheels unless you can find the jconcepts pieces which let you run 2.2s. Gear ratios are compatible with one another. You are going to have to chop out some of the cage, so you are committed once you start the process. I suppose you could fab a chassis panel and use the bolt on rear link mounts like some of the scratch build TT guys use. Upper front shock mounts and getting the steering bellcranks at the proper location and elevation are the only points of concern while doing my Indy build. Do you have a donor rig or going from scratch?
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 04:55 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Element????

Element trailrunner and knightrunner are IFS front and solid axle rear. Comes 4 link (trailrunner is 12.3 wb and knightrunner is 12.8 wheelbase) or get the element gatekeeper GKS rear suspension.

Can't believe no one chimed in yet with this answer lol. Exactly what you're looking for.

Want a U4 caged, take your pick, popular was the gatekeeper with IFS up front but gotta find a take off Element IFS or buy all the pieces and assemble now as the conversion kit as an entire unit isn't available anymore. But depends on how your wanting to go.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 05:58 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Ryft. There are a number of IFS converted Ryfts. Don't recall what they're using but I'm thinking the front end out of a 3s Senton perhaps....
The Fakebook groups have a number of them posted up.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 08:06 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Weird idea here:

The Traxxas UDR is a pretty good start for a U4 rig. Lock or semi-lock that front differential, take the body off and you're already a long way towards a solid U4 rig. You might want to make some changes to the roll cage too, but those aren't difficult.

I know they're expensive, but if you can find a roller or slider for less money, that'd be a great platform to start the build from.

I know it works, because I did one of those a few years ago.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote

Looking to run IFS…. Bomber? Yeti? Other? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why IFS Bomber and not heightened Yeti? Antsiranean Axial RR10 Bomber 33 07-27-2017 04:13 AM