Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Widening a Bomber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2016, 11:08 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Widening a Bomber

Debating on widening my bomber. It's fairly heavy. No exact weight measurement atm, but over 8lbs for sure, almost all added upgrade weight is unsprung.

I am hoping the bomber will be more stable to better handle its new power house (holmes 13t crawlmaster on 3s). I was also hoping for more steering angle aa my tires hit my links before my vanquish scale knuckles with built in 48 degree bump stops can even max out.

I hear some people talking about problems with something called scrub steer, and also problems with extra strain on the axles.

I have beef tubes to strengthen things, and axial universals up front. Also have the aforementioned clamping scale c hubs and scale knuckles, as well as Vanquish clamping lockouts on the rear. I am running SSD 10 hole 2.2 beadlocks (slw compatible) with pitbull rock beast 2's and dueces wild foams with the 2 middle ribs trimmed off.
theTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2016, 04:37 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Widening a Bomber

I'd say it's more dependent on what you'll be using your Bomber for. I'm running stock AR60 housings with DCW wheels (widened) and SLW 600 hubs. My track width is a shade over 13" (roughly 13.25") BUT, I do zero crawling and I run an SC suspension set up for bashing only. Just my opinion but, having a crawling rig that's too wide makes it difficult to do more technical crawling. My other Bomber is set up for light crawling and mostly trailing with a width of 12". This one has VP wheels with 475 hubs and is definitely a more capable rig than my other. Hope this helps...
Terrible1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:25 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Widening a Bomber

I have .725" SLW hubs on VP 105 Methods. I unintentionally ended up with a U4-style type of build, upgrading as I broke things.
Mostly for bashing and speed. Wider track def makes for a more stable rig (esp with additional weight)
(old pics)

NitritedCarbide is offline   Reply With Quote

Widening a Bomber - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti widening kit for Bomber? byrnieman Axial RR10 Bomber 11 07-23-2016 08:03 PM
Making Crawling bomber into trail rig bomber. theTman Axial RR10 Bomber 2 06-10-2016 01:46 PM