Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Suspension rod ends

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2017, 08:40 PM   #1

Default Suspension rod ends

Hey all,

The stock rod ends on the kit Bomber...they keep breaking on my daughter's vehicle. I've replaced the front ones that mount under the shocks a few times. The last two times they have broken at a local A-Scale track where we jump it a bit.

Are the Axial ones just that weak? These are the Axial rod ends that are bent at a 45 angle, straight suspension links.

Do I need to tweak the suspension or what? It is stock now. Doesn't bottom out when jumping. Small jumps.

Should I opt for the Inscision links that use the straight Traxxas ends?

Opinions wanted. Thanks.
rhodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2017, 10:32 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Suspension rod ends

I personally have Ti Vanquish link with the traxxas rod ends on them. I break them from time to time. Maybe every 5 packs I'll break a rod end, usually in jumping or big roll overs. Its just the nature of the beast. I'm running holmes hobbies brushless FYI.

I know its not a critique of the stock rod ends, but just letting you know it still happens on the after market stuff.
Thechewmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:38 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Since I started using the RPM rod ends, I have not broken one. I am running these on 2 scx10.2s, my Bomber and my Slash 2wd with 2.8 tires and they just don't break.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Shawns303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:51 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

cheap metal ends was a must for me, work great
stump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:39 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I switched my Bomber to Revo ends. Far stronger than stock Axial ends.
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:06 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I broke a few stock ends at first but I was not running the set screw all the way into the end first before I put in on the link. Since I've started running the screw in til it bottoms out I haven't broke one. Having said that I do plan on changing the links so I can use aftermarket "straight ends" because the stock end and ball wear out really quick and are not cheap since you have to buy the whole parts tree for only a couple ends.
Mikeinsocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 02:16 PM   #7

Thanks everyone. I'll change out what I have then probably switch to those Revo ends posted above. LHS should have them.
rhodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:34 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawns303 View Post
Since I started using the RPM rod ends, I have not broken one. I am running these on 2 scx10.2s, my Bomber and my Slash 2wd with 2.8 tires and they just don't break.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
My brother speaks very highly of RMP's compounds, he says better and more durable than the traxxas rod ends. I am going to try the RPM's after i break all my Traxxas rod ends.
Thechewmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suspension rod ends - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rod ends for homemade CC-01 suspension links nigelw Tamiya XC/CC01 0 05-17-2012 05:46 AM
Drilling Holes into Delrin rod for rod ends FDAapproved Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 10 02-13-2009 03:44 PM
Lower suspension rod ends Drvnbeing Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 11 01-12-2009 02:56 PM
TLT upper suspension stays - biggest rod ends? HndsWthtShdws Newbie General 3 02-29-2008 08:55 PM