RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial RR10 Bomber (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/)
-   -   RR10 Bomber vs. GMADE GOM (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-rr10-bomber/599910-rr10-bomber-vs-gmade-gom.html)

SandvoldSlammer 06-25-2018 02:01 PM

RR10 Bomber vs. GMADE GOM

Thoughts? Thinking about building another rig, and the only issue i see with the GOM is the parts availability

JatoTheRipper 06-25-2018 02:12 PM

Re: RR10 Bomber vs. GMADE GOM

Checkout the Losi Rock Rey. The kit is on sale right now for $250!

I have a Bomber that I love, but if I was choosing right now I'd go with the Losi Rock Rey. I like GMade and the GOM wouldn't be on my radar because it appears to be overly complicated and a pain to work on.

SandvoldSlammer 06-25-2018 03:27 PM

Yeah that's a nice kit, but i want something that leans toward rock crawler apposed to a bouncer/racer

durok 06-25-2018 03:41 PM

The GOM is a great looking rig, and is reportedly a very good slow crawler - but the cage is also prone to breakage, and while there are plastic parts on the Bomber that are definitely candidates for upgrading, at least it's cage is nice and sturdy.

The Rock Rey is IFS up front rather than solid axle, and is a heck of a go-faster rock racer that crawls as well. As Jato pointed out, the price (right now) is near unbeatable!

I'd pick GOM for crawling and slow speeds, Bomber for the middle choice "all-rounder", and Rock Rey for ripping around and some crawling.

If I had to pick one, I personally would pick the Bomber, but that's because I am wanting solid axles front and rear - and am prepared to beef up parts and make it uniquely mine.

It's a full $100 more for the Axial kit right now compared to that Losi - so if I hadn't bought my Bomber first (I bought an Ascender RTR that I have also upgraded) I could definitely see going with a Rock Rey as a first choice if you already have something else with solid axles.

(Of course, my Bomber is still unbuilt........ make of that what you will!)

"thumbsup"

soze 06-25-2018 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durok (Post 5845407)
The GOM is a great looking rig, and is reportedly a very good slow crawler - but the cage is also prone to breakage, and while there are plastic parts on the Bomber that are definitely candidates for upgrading, at least it's cage is nice and sturdy.

The Rock Rey is IFS up front rather than solid axle, and is a heck of a go-faster rock racer that crawls as well. As Jato pointed out, the price (right now) is near unbeatable!

I'd pick GOM for crawling and slow speeds, Bomber for the middle choice "all-rounder", and Rock Rey for ripping around and some crawling.

If I had to pick one, I personally would pick the Bomber, but that's because I am wanting solid axles front and rear - and am prepared to beef up parts and make it uniquely mine.

It's a full $100 more for the Axial kit right now compared to that Losi - so if I hadn't bought my Bomber first (I bought an Ascender RTR that I have also upgraded) I could definitely see going with a Rock Rey as a first choice if you already have something else with solid axles.

(Of course, my Bomber is still unbuilt........ make of that what you will!)

"thumbsup"

I agree with this. Of course, if you really want to do it right.... I'd say get them all. :twisted:

durok 06-25-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 5845414)
I agree with this. Of course, if you really want to do it right.... I'd say get them all. :twisted:

Maniac...... ;-)

TooOldForThis 06-26-2018 05:43 AM

Wow that price on the Rock Rey is unbelievable. Possibly the best deal in R/C right now.

To the OP, this is the answer:

Quote:

Originally Posted by durok (Post 5845407)

thewildblue77 06-27-2018 05:20 AM

The GOM is superb at crawling, noticeably better than the bomber. It is however quite delicate. The motor being over the front and it having a wider wheelbase seems to make the most difference from what I can see. Me and my son both have GOMs with mamba X brushless combos and they are good fun. But my bomber is a lot stronger. Both my GOM and Bomber are pretty much stock apart from both running Hyraxes....the GOM will go alot further than the bomber when crawling.