Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: MaxxPain SCX10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default MaxxPain SCX10

Just finished it last night. What a cool build. Nice and easy. Especially seeing I have built an AX10. Been cruising it around the backyard. Man this thing can crawl. Will have to take it out to South San Francisco crawl spot for some better action.

I ran the battery in the rear to start. Seems neutral some what, maybe a little rear heavy but not as bad as I thought. But am now trying in it the front. I noticed it's better, but its front heavy now and a little more top heavy. Not sure if I will leave it that way.

Made a little vid rolling around in the back yard.

MaxxPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Do you have any updated pictures with the H3 body?

I was specifically wondering how well the tires tuck in when it flexes in the rear.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
I joined the Band!

Nice body To bad you had the hack the fenders to make it fit. IMO it would look more scale if you would of adjusted the wheelbase to fit the body. Nice build nevertheless.
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
RCC Addict

nice work, the battery location is kinda iffy on my ride too, ive had the front mounted 5000mah lipo but noticed a handling change, wonder how you guys mount the front battery-w/ the spacers ?
JOOTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Well that body I bought for my AX10 a year or two back. I never used it because it was so off on my AX10. Plus, yes I sort of ruined it with the dremel and scissors trying to make it work on the AX10. But it fit allot better once I got the SCX10. So, its been sort of the Bastard child of bodies. But I really like how well it works. The truck just will not stop with this body on. Always seems to find traction and self rights. So, about 2 months ago I went hunting for another Ambush body and found one finally. Here it is painted and ready. So I decide to rethink this one. It will need some cutting, but i want to try and cut the least amount I can. I was thinking maybe some flares, especially the new SCX10 bumpers and Flares I may try.

Flex Shots with the H3 body. Tires rub a tiny but. But nothing to worry about. I also have the rubber stops removes in my shocks to add more flex.

MaxxPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Good looking color combination on the Copper(?) and White Scout
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxPain View Post
Well that body I bought for my AX10 a year or two back. I never used it because it was so off on my AX10. Plus, yes I sort of ruined it with the dremel and scissors trying to make it work on the AX10. But it fit allot better once I got the SCX10. So, its been sort of the Bastard child of bodies. But I really like how well it works. The truck just will not stop with this body on. Always seems to find traction and self rights. So, about 2 months ago I went hunting for another Ambush body and found one finally. Here it is painted and ready. So I decide to rethink this one. It will need some cutting, but i want to try and cut the least amount I can. I was thinking maybe some flares, especially the new SCX10 bumpers and Flares I may try.

Don't cut it~! That looks to good to cut! Line the body up with the front wheels and then either stretch/shrink the rear links to make it fit. You can use threaded rod or if you have the skills or know some one who has they can make them for you.

Great paint job!
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote