Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Wait for the "Storm"?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 09:17 AM   #1

Default Wait for the "Storm"?

I'm really loving the new SCX10 TR and ready to buy, but I'm confused by Axial's marketing. Why introduce a new, exciting truck like the SCX10 TR and tell the public it's only the dark clouds before the real storm? Are they telling us not to buy the TR?
joker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
R.I.P. Chip

Buy the TR, you won't be sorry, it's a freaking blast.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:33 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

The TR is like a trickle of product. I assume there will be alot of stuff coming out soon. Like things you can use on trucks you already have.
poorboyrc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

JUST GOT MY TR ON FRI GREAT TRUCK
aquatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:14 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatek View Post
JUST GOT MY TR ON FRI GREAT TRUCK
haha ya that little truck already has a few miles on it. they did a great job with the TR.
webster420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I wish Axial would come out with a Early Bronco body with light buckets and interior. I bought the Tamiya body and should have done some research first because it is too short for the chassis. I was thinking about using the light buckets on my HPI bronco if I can get it to work. I know there is a bit of personal satisfaction from customizing stuff yourself but I am not very good at it and frankly do not have the time to spend so it gets done an hour at a time.
69CrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:57 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I am hoping the storm will come in form of some nice hardbodies that don't cost the arm and leg that tamiya's do. Even if they are still look alikes instead of exact copies of real vehicles it would be nice. Of course I also believe the metaphor of a storm holds a lot to it so this in my mind would be only one part. Remember a real storm can bring wind, rain, lightning and thunder, hail, flooding, mudslides, and more.....
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:16 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69CrazyHorse View Post
I wish Axial would come out with a Early Bronco body with light buckets and interior. I bought the Tamiya body and should have done some research first because it is too short for the chassis. I was thinking about using the light buckets on my HPI bronco if I can get it to work. I know there is a bit of personal satisfaction from customizing stuff yourself but I am not very good at it and frankly do not have the time to spend so it gets done an hour at a time.
If you have a dremel and a little emagnation and inginuity the scx isn't hard to mod for any body.
DKSnipes is offline   Reply With Quote