Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: CUCV Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #1

Default CUCV Build

I’ve had my Honcho for about 6 months and have had a blast. I got into RC Crawling after having to sell my 1:1 Jeep and this has def got me hooked. This is my first attempt at a build and it’ no where near the level of some you guys on here but it’s been fun so far. I’m moving from Columbus GA to Colorado Springs CO in a few weeks and wanted to try and crawl my way there. I’m thinking stops for crawling in Columbus, Memphis TN, Little Rock AR, Tulsa OK, Witchta KS, and finally Colorado Springs. I needed a good tough rig for the trip so I decided on a Military CUCV build. I would love to build a 1:1 but this is more in my price range. I painted the inside with a flat grey and then painted the outside OD Green so it will scratch up and look like it’s down to the metal. It was a little interesting cutting the body out as I have never done it before. Definitely could use some practice! Same with trying to punch the holes for the body posts. Did all the math to make sure it was centered, marked it, and punched it……only to be too far forward on the hood . Round 2, marked it and punched but it was a little off. The body isn’t perfectly centered but it doesn’t look too bad. Hit it with its first coat of OD and letting it dry overnight.

1:1 Inspiration (yes I know its a blazer but you get the idea)

"Primed"

Cut out. Gonna hit it with some sandpaper tomorrow and try and smooth it out.

Comp Cut rear

On the Frame

No Rubbing Front or Rear

Retarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #2

Got the body painted and a few stickers on. Took it for a shakedown run and only got 2 pictures in the sand due to a busted front driveshaft. Id like to bedline the bed top and get a few scale parts before calling it done.

extra holes in the hood. Oops

Stuck...need a winch...

Old 08-17-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

i like it. but you kno if you used the clod body you could make it way more scale
93 FORD BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Nice rig.!! Paint came out great . . . One question though.. why did you cut the rear body out like that.? Did you do it cuz of the wheelbase miss match or just cuz you like the look of the bed being cut.? I had that issue when I got my hilux body & all I did was removed the honcho stock plastic links & upgraded NOT to the honcho aluminum links but to the Dingo aluminum links . . . It gave me a shorter wheelbase to fit my hilux body it went from a 12.3 to a 11.4 wheelbase and also I had the same issue with not getting the post holes lined up correctly I also have 4 holes on my hood :( but a simple solution to that is cover it up with a hi-lift jack

Last edited by toyotaexo88; 08-17-2010 at 02:00 PM.
toyotaexo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

all your rigs look bad ass!
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:42 PM   #6

I was sort of going for a comp cut look that you see in Jeeps and to also make the wheel base fit. I havent messed with the links yet and not quite sure where Im gonna go with the links. I like the idea for the highlift though!