Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Hilux cab for the SCX10 Honcho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Hilux cab for the SCX10 Honcho

What's up fellow crawlers....my next project is installing the Tamiya Hilux cab on my honcho....but does anyone know if the cab extension is needed, or will the Hilux body bolt right on the the honcho's roll cage? I've seen a bunch of pix's online of the Hilux truggy with the SCx's roll cage but can't tell if any mods had to be done.

I would insert an image of my Honch, but I don't know how...I'm a rookie to this forum threading as well as RC'ing

I appreciate it your help, thanks
z71baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

this is how I would like it to look:

Old 06-04-2011, 06:41 AM   #3

I'm pretty sure the cage has to be narrowed up a tad to fit the body lines. I'm not sure about the mount locations, sorry.
YJesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by z71baja View Post
What's up fellow crawlers....my next project is installing the Tamiya Hilux cab on my honcho....but does anyone know if the cab extension is needed, or will the Hilux body bolt right on the the honcho's roll cage? I've seen a bunch of pix's online of the Hilux truggy with the SCx's roll cage but can't tell if any mods had to be done.

I would insert an image of my Honch, but I don't know how...I'm a rookie to this forum threading as well as RC'ing

I appreciate it your help, thanks
Glad you like my hilux/honcho. The cage is a tad wider but not much. I did not narrow it. You do have to cut one of the bars on the cage off. If you look at the back of the cage you will notice it's gone. I attached the cage using sho gue, its super strong, and if I want to go a different route later I wont have holes in the back of my hilux cab. To attach the body I used the existing posts in front and one strip of velcro on the back part of the cage.

Scott
wally101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
I'm a stupid C U N T!

The cab is smaller in diameter then the honcho bed, and you can't get the two to meet without making an extended cab or seriously modding the cage and diamondplate lexan. The shock hoops will no longer fit in the oem location.
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

thank you all for the feedback...really good info.

Scott, that is a sick ride!!! did you install a reign cab back? if so, does it just glue on or do you need to do some type of body work? if you have more pics of that bad boy please send them.

thanks
Old 11-20-2011, 11:43 PM   #7

just found this thread weirdly on google, i know its old and dead but i have been researching to do this myself for my own scx10 (albeit a dingo) I am research how to mount the front and also how to get the rear panel for my hilux body. Can anyone help me out here?

thanks

Bunce.
Bunce is offline   Reply With Quote