Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: c0bra's wroncho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default c0bra's wroncho

ive had this thing for a while and got an idea a few weeks ago after i got a wraith, and after seeing all of the wroncho threads. so i decided to do mine similar but a little different.

the truck isnt together yet but i will try and get it together with what i have in a few days. so far its got
honcho kit ( body is flat black painted on outside with wraith stickers, back is also flat black but painted on inside)

dinky rc summit cradle
summit trans ( needs shifting parts and pin for slipper)
wraith axles
vp titanium upper links
vp titanium lower links
vp titanium steering links
vp diff cover
vp c hubs
vp knuckles
vp straight axle
dick cepek dc-2 2.2 wheels
yeah racing drifter led light kit

i ordered tires but i forget what kind they are. they are from tcs and are g8 compound. im thinking about getting a castle short course system for this because its just meant to be a fun basher and the occasional trail driving

Last edited by c0bra; 01-05-2013 at 10:23 PM.
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #2

lets see some pics of the build !
steveTHEHARDRICHARDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Hydro-Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
RCC Addict

ok ill try and get it mostly put to getger tonight. The body still needs drilled and final assembled, still need tires but they are on there way.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

[QUOTE=

i ordered tires but i forget what kind they are. they are from tcs and are g8[/QUOTE]

???
muddinscx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:03 PM   #6
RCC Addict

heres a pic of how it looked before all the vp parts and wheels

heres a pic of body. its flat black painted on the outside with wraith and some honcho stickers

got the chassis all together. forgot to list the alloy rear shock towers. all off the vp links are together but havent started on the front axle yet tho.

there are blue leds in the front bumper which will flash, with red ones in the rear. i may put rock lights on it but still unsure.

Last edited by c0bra; 01-05-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Do you got pics of your links? I'm getting wraith axles and I wanna see how you did your links
Old 10-04-2011, 03:42 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

has anyone tried using the Wraith skid plate for the honcho transmision mount? wonder if the width n mounting holes are the same?
reasons being i m having clearance issues with the front upper links..
as for the wraith the mounting holes are above the shaft, links would clear better..

anyone tried?
chiatw73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:37 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatw73 View Post
has anyone tried using the Wraith skid plate for the honcho transmision mount? wonder if the width n mounting holes are the same?
reasons being i m having clearance issues with the front upper links..
as for the wraith the mounting holes are above the shaft, links would clear better..

anyone tried?
the wraith skid is alot wider than the scx. the way mine is set up theres not alot of articulation but there is some
Old 10-04-2011, 08:00 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
the wraith skid is alot wider than the scx. the way mine is set up theres not alot of articulation but there is some
ya mine too.. pity cos with the Wraith axles the Honcho is a different beast!!
chiatw73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddinscx View Post
Do you got pics of your links? I'm getting wraith axles and I wanna see how you did your links
i dont have any pics of them right now. but the bottom links are unchanged. the upper links i turned around so the bend is closer to the axle.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:16 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatw73 View Post
ya mine too.. pity cos with the Wraith axles the Honcho is a different beast!!
thats what ive heard. then i guess mine will be a 2 speed monster! lol
Old 10-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

If you use the x trail frame from tcs crawlers the axles work perfect cause of where the top links bolt to. I'm gonna pick my up the chassis kit and some wraith axles
Old 10-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
If you use the x trail frame from tcs crawlers the axles work perfect cause of where the top links bolt to. I'm gonna pick my up the chassis kit and some wraith axles
lol i have a xtrail chassis to, but im going in a much different way with that one. its the custom streat truck thread in the non crawler section.

im going to try and get the rest of the chassis together today and hopefully stary on my lcg slash conversion as well.

i checked the order from tcs. i ordered proline chisels in g8 compound. i dont know how good they will be for what im doing with this but its worth a shot.

Last edited by c0bra; 01-05-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #15
RCC Addict

i got the suspension in. the shocks still need to be mounted to the shock tower and it needs electronics, tires, and need to decide were to mount everything

front links from top. the front and back links are set up the same way. the bend in the links is closer to the axle, but were ypu mount the lower links isnt in the same spot as the stock skid. the dinky summit cradle drops the mounting hole

side view of chassis

summit cradle from the dinky rc thread. just to give you an idea
Old 10-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
i got the suspension in. the shocks still need to be mounted to the shock tower and it needs electronics, tires, and need to decide were to mount everything

front links from top. the front and back links are set up the same way. the bend in the links is closer to the axle, but were ypu mount the lower links isnt in the same spot as the stock skid. the dinky summit cradle drops the mounting hole

side view of chassis

summit cradle from the dinky rc thread. just to give you an idea
I got my dingo yesterday and put longer alum links with 125mm shocks and 2.2 losi rock carvers. The wheel base is right at 12" and I wanna do the summit craddle with wraith axles also.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
I got my dingo yesterday and put longer alum links with 125mm shocks and 2.2 losi rock carvers. The wheel base is right at 12" and I wanna do the summit craddle with wraith axles also.
nice the only problem is drive shafts and the upper links. ive heard you can use maxx shafts or get a 6mm mip and a 5mm mip as well and its supposed to work
Old 10-21-2011, 01:42 PM   #18
RCC Addict

lost interest in the stock ish looking wroncho. after remembering this set up

i decided to make this thing a little taller. after an hour of searching for my ax10 chassis and scx chassis with the holes in it to mount the ax i got to work. so far everything has gone smoothly and the driveshaft doesnt look like too much of an issue, however i cant use the summit cradle because it hits the ax chassis.

right now all it needs is the rear shocks mounted, trans and driveshafts mounted, electronics installed and rest of leds installed as well.

will post pics after i get the chassis a roller!
Old 10-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #19
RCC Addict

ran into a problem.
when i went to put the diveshafts on, they hit the lower links. so i rotatated the skid so the output shafts on the trans were on the opposite side.

now the driveshafts dont hit the lower links. however now i have to limit the suspension travel because the driveshaft binds really bad
Old 10-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Not trying to be a smartass but is this REALLY what you made your Honcho into?
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote