RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial SCX-10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/)
-   -   12 turn in scx10 (input please) (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/419962-12-turn-scx10-input-please.html)

gkosterscx10 12-29-2012 07:35 PM

12 turn in scx10 (input please)

I have stock 27turn motor in mine now and want more power and wheel speed for when I take my utv to silver lake michigan and want to play on the beach with the scx10. I like the stock motor for crawling and general use but would like to do a motor swap when i go to the beach, so i was thinking of the titan 12 turn from traxxas. I already have heavy duty locker fom axial and aluminun c-hubs and knuckles. right know i run 2000mah 2s lipos I know i'll need a bigger battery for longer run time. what gearing should i run? my gearing now is 16/87. I have four sand paddles i got for free, I'm not looking for FOFF wheel speed but will it be descent for some sand dune fun? I know it's been done so some feed back from people who have done this would be great. also i have a castle sv2 esc will it handle this sized brushed motor and i know it's a brushless esc, could i put a brushless motor in with out having to go on castle link to make changes if so what size. p.s. i've never messed with brushless yet so very green to them.
your input will be appretiated thanks

tb10151 12-29-2012 08:24 PM

Re: 12 turn in scx10 (input please)

i ran the titan 12t and xl5 in my scx10 for a bit. i didnt really like it for my type of driving but as in the dunes i can see where it would be quite fun to have the speed of a 12t. However i did have problems with my driveshafts with the titan but i also was running 2.2s. its a relatively cheap system so i say throw one in for the dunes try it out and see how you like it especially if you plan on using the truck often in the dunes. Hope this helps.
Trey

kaneohecrawler 12-29-2012 11:05 PM

Sand is the perfect home for the 12t titan b/c its more at home at higher rpms.. its when you try to low speed crawl that they heat up and burn out. Keep the gearing and put a 3s lipo in there and have a blast.

gkosterscx10 12-30-2012 12:21 PM

Thanks for the input I'll keep all this in mined when I go buy a 12 turn and look at 3s lipo. What size 3s should I look at?

Shobie60 04-12-2015 07:19 PM

I've been running a traxxas 12 turn in my scx10 along with the stock traxxas esc that comes with the slash with stock gearing for a while now. Everything is stock, including tires (1.9). Since I haven't put a tamiya battery connecter on it, I have to use my 7 cell nimh batteries (yes I know they kinda suck). I'm not sure for you since you are using lipos in your rig, but I run into cogging often, so I say :flipoff: the 12t unless you know how to fix the cogging issue. Hope this helps"thumbsup"

roughneck 04-14-2015 02:25 PM

a while back i was in a monster jam style race and we had different classes and of course i was in the scale class but i used a titan 12t for racing with my scx10 and i tried all different tooth pinions and saw that 22t was like what am i doing fast and 18t was quick but 20 seemed just right but man did that truck fly and that was with the stock ae-2 esc