RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial SCX-10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/)
-   -   Scx10 27t issues (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/424268-scx10-27t-issues.html)

318 wagon 01-21-2013 07:14 PM

Scx10 27t issues

I recently got a SCX10 Honcho and "water resisted" it, but in my infinate knowledge I forgot about how if dirty water gets into the motor,she don't work anymore. My question is, is there any way to salvage the motor, clean it or somthing? Cause I do believe its dead, if not what would be a good(prefarably cheaper) motor? Thanks

h0llyw00ddreams 08-11-2014 04:57 PM

Re: Scx10 27t issues

I will give you my input even though I guessed you probably fixed it by now.
I've noticed it usually takes a lot of dirt and mud to kill a motor. That being said check your electronics before making any big purchases. If it is tho motor one method I have used is to get a glass of water and with your motor out of your truck but still connected submerge it in there and give it a couple of taps of throttle. This rids of anything that shouldn't be in there. Some people might disagree with me on this but it has worked well for me in the past. On other way is the traditional way of cleaning with motor cleaner and I'm sure u can find a thread about that on here easily enough. From what I understand electric brushed motors only have a set life anyways before they wear down
Hope this helps you or anyone else reading it

Oh and if you are going to use motor cleaner spray be carefull because it is very flammable

FlexinFL 09-27-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h0llyw00ddreams (Post 4861705)
I will give you my input even though I guessed you probably fixed it by now.
I've noticed it usually takes a lot of dirt and mud to kill a motor. That being said check your electronics before making any big purchases. If it is tho motor one method I have used is to get a glass of water and with your motor out of your truck but still connected submerge it in there and give it a couple of taps of throttle. This rids of anything that shouldn't be in there. Some people might disagree with me on this but it has worked well for me in the past. On other way is the traditional way of cleaning with motor cleaner and I'm sure u can find a thread about that on here easily enough. From what I understand electric brushed motors only have a set life anyways before they wear down
Hope this helps you or anyone else reading it

Oh and if you are going to use motor cleaner spray be carefull because it is very flammable

That works just fine, but if you're out on the trail, I've been able to kinda push it along while giving it throttle and it usually clears out just fine

Johnnysplits 09-27-2014 05:46 PM

Get one of these...works excellent!! Electric Motor | 20-2450 ELECTRIC MOTOR PRE-FILTER | 202450