Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Sancho!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Sancho!

This is Sancho, my close-to-stock SCX 10. I've had him for a while now, but he rarely ever sees the trail anymore. I've decided to sell him to fund the next project, so here's a little photo tribute before I send him to a new home

The paint is Pactra's Fiery Orange. I've added Axial mirrors from the exterior detail parts tree, and a Tacoma grill sourced from RPP. The window trim is actually all of the excess black left on the decal sheet after the windows were cut out. I dont like tint or banners on my windows.

I installed headlight buckets after coating them with Testor's Model Master chrome paint, and the corner lenses are painted from inside the body with Tamiya's transparent orange acrylic.

My buddy "Gadget" made this stainless steel bumper. I gave him a reference pic of some kind of desert truck that I thought looked cool, and I think he definitely hit a home run with it!

I made the KC light cover decals on my vinyl cutter. Stock driving lights are not hooked up, because LEDs were moved to the headlight buckets.

Gadget also made me some slick, flush-fitting stainless sliders. Exactly to spec as usual... thanx Gadget

HPI XC8 wheels (+8mm) w/ ProLine TSL SX tires. I wanted a modern aggressive look to the wheels, and not something I had seen on a Honcho before. I like the result.

Axial complete gunmetal link kit and a Tower Pro 995mg servo with aluminum servo horn are really the only performance upgrades. I did shim the front 3-link mount, and installed an o-ring on both sides of the ball connector, to elliminate the nasty stock front-to-back axle slop. Otherwise, SCXs are pretty dang good right out of the box.

Some boring run of the mill pics...

Flexes great to be so close to stock. Like I said before, not a lot of incentive to change much here.

Well, that pretty much sums up Sancho... Simple rig, plenty of character, fun to look at, awesome to drive

Bad Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Sancho!

Where did you get headlight buckets?
nersik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Buckets..

They come with the body.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

"...rarely ever sees the trail anymore..." It looks like Sancho never saw the trail...poor guy never got a shot!
05Fronty4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Hehe... Oh he's hit it pretty hard before, it's just been awhile and he was pretty much box stock then

Since the last time he went out, I've stripped him down, cleaned and re-lubed everything, put on new shoes, new servo and a fresh lid

Last edited by Bad Apple; 03-14-2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo
Old 03-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Well, you've done a good job. The front bumper/mesh, sliders, mirrors, tire/wheel combo have a simple, but a very complete look (and I'm a sucker for Fiery Orange =D).
05Fronty4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #7

Sancho is very cool I love the bumper u have used
auskenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Looks good Mitchell. It's too bad you have to let him go. On the other hand I'm sure the new build will be awesome too.
scorpiondave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Thanks Fellas! Sancho will certainly be missed, but time heals all wounds so they say, and I've got some cool ideas that he'll be helping to fund

I'll tell ya who will really miss Sancho... His uncle Gadget, haha. Sancho spends about 1/2 the time at Gadget's as a test mule for new bumpers and parts that Gadget likes to make. I haven't broke the news yet...
Old 03-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Nice work, I really like the stainless sliders
spitfireat808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #11

much love for the tacoma stickers ! I shall get these
slitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Please let me know if you ever put anything else up fs, I really like the way you set something up. I'm 68 and all of this is new to me. But I think as I get more into I will enjoy it...Take care...Doc
Doc Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #13

Looks terrific, that's going to be my next body and color. Silly question here, is the Toyota decal the whole grill, or just a yota decal put on top of the grill?
dglewis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Thanks you guys! Doc, I will certainly keep you on mind. I build and paint a lot of rigs, and have several stock piled now that might be for sale eventually.

The Tacoma grill is a complete decal. It comes on a sheet with regular chrome and black chrome version, "Tacoma" fender badges, and several other logo decals. RPP Hobby sells them, should be easy to search and find. My particular sheet was not the best print quality, but it still looks 10 times better than the stock Honcho grill.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #15

And here is Sancho now. Not nearly as pretty but I still love it. Haha. Took it to my first scale comp ever and it did great. Thanks again Mitchell!

Bobbyocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Almost made me misty-eyed looking at the pics. Way to go Sancho! Your in great hands now pal
Old 04-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

very clean truck, you going to fill us in on your new build?
stick-boy-rick is offline   Reply With Quote

Sancho! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Latest knife " Sancho " DwaneO Chit Chat 26 12-14-2011 10:08 AM
"Sancho" tlt & Axial hybrid drumbeater Tamiya TLT Crawlers 9 12-01-2007 01:58 PM