Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: cm4x4nuts vehicles..............(backdated)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #1

Default cm4x4nuts vehicles..............(backdated)

Well, it was the boys birthday yesterday........which means we both got our presents and went for a wheel...........lol
The big battery I got for his weighed a bit much, so this morning we had to make some mods. I made up some 8mm nylon coil spacers and did a rear quarter cut and all is now good except it binds a little on the tyres at full articulation. He is stoked and it has been running now nearly non stop for about 3 hours
Mine, I am very happy with as well. It is definitely a lot of fun to drive and is going to take a bit of work to learn all the technicalities. I have already ditched the rear mounted spare and when I get some longer bolts, we will relocate the battery over the front wheels for a bit better weight distribution.
and we did a bit of flexing...................................lol

cm4x4nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #2

Default Re: cm4x4nuts vehicles..............(backdated)

Went for a drive today just for a bit of a look around and to meet a couple of guys I have been talking to over Facebook regarding crawlers and crawling.
Well the first round of upgrade parts have been bought and I have a bit of spanner time ahead of me for the "little truck"

However, on the way home we stopped for a bit of a play whilst the little truck is still stock......

Old 12-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #3

and a couple of videos of us just being clowns, playing around
Wrangler donuts

SDV 0570

playing with a mates son mini Losi

SDV 0577

but the wrangler gets its revenge..........lol

SDV 0578
Old 12-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #4

Roof rack fitted and spare tyre moved from the back to on the back of the roof. Also you can not see it here, but the o-rings that came with the roof rack have been fitted to the top of the body mounts so the body is much more rigid on the chassis

The suspension links were changed out to Wraith units as well as the front has been converted to four link. An added bonus of running the longer Wraith units is the front axle has been moved forward by about 10mm. Also because the uppers are longer than previous, the diffs have been rotated by about 10deg and drive shaft angles are even straighter than standard.....win,win

With the new servo, and the extended wheel base, the front cross member had to be removed and this is the usual spot fro the front battery mount. I had seen this done elsewhere, so I made up the brackets and mounted it sideways. Also relocated all the electrics to where the battery was in the back in the first place

I had to knock up a couple of aluminium brackets for support for the relocated battery

A new radio was on the cards as I could not get the adjustment out of the stock one with the new steering servo. Low speed control is much better now

Well the boy has now destroyed 2 servos on his cheapy.
Seeing as I changed the servo on mine, I made up some spacers and have managed to fit the original Axial servo from mine in place his 1/16 one. Hopefully this will last a bit longer

Old 12-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #5

Quality spanner time with the boy fixing his breakages........ to me, this is what it is all about

Old 12-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #6

Well another weekend at home, not going anywhere because the boss was working, so I thought it was a good excuse for some more shed time
This next lot of projects started out with some aluminium plate and aluminium tent pegs of all things

The aluminium sheet was cut down to make some lift kit plates and the pegs have turned into strut tower braces

Also, after being happy with the location of the electrics, I used the rest of the aluminium sheet to make a gear tray

The lift kit on the shocks has enabled me to soften all the preload off the springs whilst still maintaining the same ride height. It now does a much better job for "droop" enabling better traction on my log test track which it drove much easier this time around

Old 12-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #7

Right, now this is all up to date from the last 6 weeks or so.

Hope you guys like what you see, thanks for all the tips/info I have picked up from here and I will endevour to keep this site updated when I do the Australian one as well.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

The Wrangler revenge video was funny. Made think of a little yap dog yapping at a full scale dog.
7echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7echo View Post
The Wrangler revenge video was funny. Made think of a little yap dog yapping at a full scale dog.
There is always a cure for little dog syndrome
Old 12-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #10

New wheels and tyres on the little truck. Wanted some metal wheels to try and lower the COG and a mate had these lying around with some nice new rubber on it.

He also had an old set of springs/shocks from a Wraith as well, so I got these off him, added some extra spacers and mounted them at the top of my lowering plates

Also with the spacer bars for the top of the shock hoops, I was able to remove the front cross member that the bigger servo was hitting on to gain a bit more travel in the front end.

I did not get any before pics, however on the quickly knocked up "travel ramp" with the new shocks and cross member mods, I was able to travel an extra 70mm up the ramp

cm4x4nuts vehicles..............(backdated) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC Construction Vehicles MiddleT Non Crawler RC's 18 08-07-2013 01:15 PM
What are all the vehicles in your collection JustinThyme Chit Chat 0 10-26-2010 10:18 AM
Pics of my 1:1 Vehicles Gula Chit Chat 3 05-04-2008 10:22 AM