RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial SCX-10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/)
-   -   wraith transmission in scx-10? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/508938-wraith-transmission-scx-10-a.html)

2500hdon37s 09-17-2014 06:31 PM

wraith transmission in scx-10?

Whats up guys, after getting out for a while and selling my wraith and scx-10 I'm coming back to the RC world with the G6 kit.

I now see that axial has the dig setup for the wraith transmission, and I know I can by a wraith case and dig internals and build it with my current parts and have a functioning trans, but does the wraith transmission fit in the scx-10 without major mods? I'm aware of the driveline will need some shortening. anybody done it?

papabash 09-17-2014 07:25 PM

Re: wraith transmission in scx-10?

I'm running a Wraith trans with dig in one of my SCX10s. No modifications necessary, slipped right in. Very happy with it and it has performed much better than I expected.

2500hdon37s 09-17-2014 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papabash (Post 4896803)
I'm running a Wraith trans with dig in one of my SCX10s. No modifications necessary, slipped right in. Very happy with it and it has performed much better than I expected.

Sweet! just what I was looking for!

Looks like I'll be grabbing a wraith case and dig unit to install on initial build!

ChrisShooting 09-29-2014 01:10 PM

Found this thread and I have a question. I have a SuperShafty bulletproof wraith tranny I was going to use for another build but may want to use it in my Rubicon for Crawlapalooza since the stock tranny has seen better days. If I just bolt it in, the MIP shaft on the front is too long. Is there a shorter shaft I can use for the MIP?

2500hdon37s 09-29-2014 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisShooting (Post 4906487)
Found this thread and I have a question. I have a SuperShafty bulletproof wraith tranny I was going to use for another build but may want to use it in my Rubicon for Crawlapalooza since the stock tranny has seen better days. If I just bolt it in, the MIP shaft on the front is too long. Is there a shorter shaft I can use for the MIP?

MIP does have a "dig" shaft for the AX-10 that is shorter that will work, or you could use the short wild boar shafts if you think it'll hold.

ChrisShooting 09-30-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s (Post 4906837)
MIP does have a "dig" shaft for the AX-10 that is shorter that will work, or you could use the short wild boar shafts if you think it'll hold.

May look into that but I also got a deal on pretty much everything I'll need to build a bulletproof transmission other than the supershafty top shaft. Hoping they get them back in stock or I'll just have to make do with the stock one.