Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: rtr radio question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 02:54 PM   #1

Default rtr radio question

Hey fellas!! Tossing around the idea of buying my youngest daughter her own scx10 for her birthday. She will be 4 this weekend. Does tge rtr radios have epa adjustment on the throttle channel? being able to dial it back and act like a governor while she is still learning to drive would be very nice!!
milehigh970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2015, 05:25 PM   #2

Default Re: rtr radio question

Or if not.. can I regear it to a point that it is much slower? I Honostly don't even know what kind of wheel speed you get out of a bone stock setup on a stick pack. I have only had my rig for a few weeks. I built it with a fxr/35t combo on 3s. Maybe a option could be swapping the 27th for a 55t. help would be greatly appreciated!! I have 2 Lil girls and my youngest is my one that will jump in and help wrench on my racecar, or sit at the table and help build my scx10 kit. So I wanna keep her interested. I let her drive my rig on her own.. i just dial the fwd/rev epa back to like 30 on my 4pls.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:43 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

The AX-3 transmitter does not have EPA. I built a Dingo for my four year old and even on a 55 turn it was a bit too fast, but that's also on 3s, on 2s it might be just about perfect. I've been letting him use my M11X for the moment, but I'm looking into ditching it in favor of a couple of MT4's, internal antenna and all...
forty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:49 PM   #4

Yeah I'm not gonna run her rig on lipos. I leave out of town for a week at a time and don't wanna have my wife deal with lipos. Think a stick pack would be better for them both to learn on ;) plus I figured it would drop some wheel speed that way.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:50 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I'd just get an assortment of pinions and gear it down a bit. Pinions are relatively cheap so you can try a few to get a good speed. On a stick pack or 2s she should be fine. My kids trucks have been running tekin 35t motors with stock kit gearing on 2s and it's been good. They are 4 and 6. There have been a few times that I thought about slowing them down but not much. We just recently moved up to using 3s packs now that they've been driving them for a while.
crockins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:15 PM   #6

Does the ae-2 or ae-5 esc have the ability to dial back output?
Old 03-04-2015, 06:18 PM   #7

I'm running 9/56 gearing on my Deadbolt and flat out is casual walking speed (I can easily keep up despite having recent ACL surgery and a brace on my leg...). You could also block the throttle travel on the transmitter to whatever you deem fit.
Red_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:26 PM   #8

Thanks for the suggestions! I went and picked up a rtr kit for her right now. Figured heck with the nimh pack too. Just got her some 2s packs. I picked up a different pinion and if needed will use a little foam and double sided tape to make a throttle stop if I have too. Plus.. while I was out shopping figured I deserved some parts for my rig too!! ;) I'll post those in my build thread when I get home.

rtr radio question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith RTR, defective radio VaultBoy Axial Wraith 2 02-05-2015 03:37 PM
Aux channel dig radio/servo question DX3R radio... Master Basher Electronics 0 02-10-2014 12:29 PM
servo axial rtr am radio smoothm Newbie General 3 07-16-2011 09:40 PM
Upgrade RTR radio? noogles Newbie General 3 06-21-2010 04:28 PM