RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial SCX-10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/)
-   -   Indestructable High performance Drivetrain (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/554975-indestructable-high-performance-drivetrain.html)

Luke_burrell 01-22-2016 09:47 PM

Indestructable High performance Drivetrain

Hi everyone,
I have been thinking about parts, that when all put together on an scx10 in my case the honcho but pretty much every scx10, would create an indestructable high performance drive train, hence the title. So this is the list let me know what you think.

- FI Spool from Locked Up RC x2
- OT Shaft V3 From Locked Up RC x2
- Axial Metal Transmission Gears from Axial or Locked Up RC
- OT Outdrives From locked up RC
- MIP Centre Drive Shaft Kit

Also Axial Underdrive Gears or Axial Overdrive Gears, or both! if you really want some serious climbing ability at the cost of sidewalling.

R2j 01-22-2016 10:38 PM

Re: Indestructable High performance Drivetrain

Looks like a nice list! You'll like the LURC parts for sure."thumbsup" FYI on the FI Spools, they fit the shafts tight. So you may need to file the ends a bit so they seat all the way.

Luke_burrell 01-23-2016 02:13 AM

Thanks mate, i will be looking at getting this drivetrain setup in the near future.

Redbone 01-23-2016 05:37 AM

With the exception of the steel trans gear and beef tubes the drivetrain on both my SCX10's is completely stock and has been for a couple of years. Works fine, even lugging weighted alloy rims and 2.2 tires. Better money spent is alloy C hubs, knuckles, links, a set of Proline shocks, and a high torque servo of your choice.

sawhead 01-23-2016 11:45 AM

Stock drivetrain but I'm using a traxxas slipper and actually use it. Things only break when there's no where for the stress to get relieved. A loose slipper is great for a beginner child also. Saves dad from spending unneeded money. I run mine a little tight of course.

Luke_burrell 01-23-2016 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redbone (Post 5429581)
With the exception of the steel trans gear and beef tubes the drivetrain on both my SCX10's is completely stock and has been for a couple of years. Works fine, even lugging weighted alloy rims and 2.2 tires. Better money spent is alloy C hubs, knuckles, links, a set of Proline shocks, and a high torque servo of your choice.

Yeah, well i have already got aluminium knuckles, c hubs and steel links which just buy itself is a huge improvement, but my driveshafts are starting to candy cane a bit. Obviously I wouldn't drop all this money at once, the list was more fantasising of what a dream scx10 could be like if I had the money. :mrgreen: