Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: My 3 SCX 10's Are Getting A New Baby Brother

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2018, 08:37 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default My 3 SCX 10's Are Getting A New Baby Brother

I've been interested in the SCX10 II for a while and finally have one delivered this week

I am going to make this one "river proof" (ha). For years I have wimped out when it comes to getting wet so this one will be assembled with wet situations in mind. The BEC, receiver, and ESC all claim to be waterproof. I realize the diffs will need a close eye and any bearings that could get wet are probably getting wet so I'll need to keep an eye on those also.

I' don't want a submarine (ha) but I am looking forward to having my first SCX-10 II that's "moderate water use" resistant.

I'm also not expecting a miracle with this kit - I have owned many Axial products - nothing is perfect - everything needs tweaking - anything can be upgraded - one might think I keep buying Axial machines therefore I must be somewhat pleased with them . . . whatever . . . I almost bought another machine - almost - but went with the SCX10 II because parts availability, good reviews, upgrade choices - but cost was probably cheaper with the other one - maybe performance would have been better also but performance value depends on who you ask, and after considering all components, setup, terrain, driver ability, and some things you can't measure accurately like "I think that looks good" (ha)

But for what I did get, my upgrades are, in my opinion, very modest - no show stopping trinkets to mention that are either new, expensive, or very cool (except for the Pro-Line body I also got).

My #1 goal in selecting upgrades is to (1), increase the durability/reliability of the truck, (2) increase the crawlin ability of the truck, (3) make it look just decent enough so I won't be completely embarrassed by the truck (ha)

I am hoping to have this thing completed by Friday, 10-Aug-2018.

We'll see how it goes

I'll post progress, observations, and of course probably several questions

Sorry to ramble - I just don't wanna go back outside and work on the lawn.

Thanks

Axial Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2018, 09:02 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: My 3 SCX 10's Are Getting A New Baby Brother

Stone Mountain eagerly awaits...
Tralfaz Blecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:00 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

And for some reason I don't understand, the package won't arrive until Friday so it'll be next week before this truck is completed

But yeah, I'm looking forward to Stoned Mountain

Old 08-11-2018, 11:16 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I want to do something similar to the suspension on my SCX10 II that is shown in this video --> LINK

That video is incredibly impressive - that guy knows more about setting up a suspension for the performance I want and for the type of use I am anticipating with this truck

I will probably drink a Canadian beer in his honor tonight as a form of respect and gratitude for putting together some fantastic information about suspension

Anyone else like what he says about suspension - agree or disagree?
Old 08-11-2018, 12:31 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I think it looks pretty promising. It's ultimately up to you. I do like the droop setting myself and I use Desert Lizards to achieve it. I think the performance is great. The guy in the video is probably more experienced than I am so I'm not trying to be Mr. Suspension. With trial and error you can get what you want. Research parts and read reviews before you buy.
Tralfaz Blecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:12 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I'm not interested in using this machine in a comp - maybe some day - not right now

Are there any reasons why I shouldn't add 13mm axle extensions to this truck? In other words, will adding these axle widening extensions possibly cause any harm to any of the axle components?

I like the wider look of a crawler with these added and more important, I like the wider stance that sometimes provides a more stable machine - I'm far from being the best qualified at rock crawlin (ha)

Thank you

My 3 SCX 10's Are Getting A New Baby Brother - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
His and Hers SCX-10's TLTRyan Axial SCX-10 34 02-19-2014 10:53 PM
2 SCX 10's? Or TF 2? motsco General Scale Talk 3 07-09-2013 08:53 PM
My SCX-10's yoda@4x4 Axial SCX-10 6 10-27-2010 10:05 AM