Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: Things that piss me off about this kit.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2020, 05:23 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Things that piss me off about this kit.

Come on Axial, step it up a few notches. Would it be so hard to include at least ONE extra E-clip for the shocks and tranny? You included exactly the right amount and nothing more. Of course i sent the last one flying across the room. Would it be so hard for you to include a 24 spline servo horn so I can use the hitec steering servo I bought specifically for this build? How about including the COMPLETE servo savers for the micro servos needed to complete this kit? Instead they are a proprietary piece that only come with a servo that is on worldwide backorder since this kit came out. Sorry for the rant, but axial dropped the ball on this one.
josh9mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2020, 06:04 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Things that piss me off about this kit.

No ball dropped.All your issues were well known up front. You don’t usually get a metal servo horn in ANY kit. You don’t have to install any micro servos , just no extra functions.
You really need to build a GMade kit, then you will see real issues

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 06:42 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

I have sent many e-Clips flying, but have never blamed the kit maker for that.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 06:53 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
I have sent many e-Clips flying, but have never blamed the kit maker for that.
I have never had a kit that didn't come with extra clips. But I'll admit it's been close to 2 decades since I built a kit
Old 05-19-2020, 07:09 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

You're upset with Axial because you lost some parts, which they provided the correct amount of.

Did I get that right?

You're also upset that Axial did not provide additional parts only useable for optional functions you've decided to use.

Is that correct?

Their product description specifically states that what's included is a 23T and 24T servo horn, there is also a picture with the sizes stamped right on them. That means a 25T should also be included and it wasn't so you're upset.

Am I on track here?

I'm just trying to understand all this.
Xx Losungen xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 07:48 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I'd be more pissed off with Hitec being literally the only manufacturer to sell 24T spline servos in 2020.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:31 AM   #7

I don't think this thread is going to turn out the way you had hoped when writing it...

Including the exact amount of hardware is pinching pennies, but it isn't wrong. If they shorted you that's another thing. I encourage people to contact companies and force them to make it right when they short you even one screw. Them having to replace that one screw is going to be way, way more costly than it would have been if they had just included the correct amount or even extras. Sure, you can find one screw in your bin and be done with it, but I don't think companies should be allowed to get away with that. Make them pay for having poor QC or being cheap. Maybe if everybody forced companies to make things right it would add up to them improving their QC.

It's very odd that they didn't include the Hitec servo horn option, but that was information they provided up front. Not having the correct servo horn is totally on you. Hitec sucks anyway.

Not including the complete servo saver in the kit is a failure. I can't argue with that one.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 10:02 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I don't think this thread is going to turn out the way you had hoped when writing it...

Including the exact amount of hardware is pinching pennies, but it isn't wrong. If they shorted you that's another thing. I encourage people to contact companies and force them to make it right when they short you even one screw. Them having to replace that one screw is going to be way, way more costly than it would have been if they had just included the correct amount or even extras. Sure, you can find one screw in your bin and be done with it, but I don't think companies should be allowed to get away with that. Make them pay for having poor QC or being cheap. Maybe if everybody forced companies to make things right it would add up to them improving their QC.

It's very odd that they didn't include the Hitec servo horn option, but that was information they provided up front. Not having the correct servo horn is totally on you. Hitec sucks anyway.

Not including the complete servo saver in the kit is a failure. I can't argue with that one.
I've built my fair share of kits over the years, since the 80s in fact. However its been a good amount of years since I've built one being as everything has been RTR. But there hasn't been one that didn't include EVERYTHING needed to complete the kit (including extra e-clips) except for a few top end race kits that didn't include tires or a pinion. They have always included all servo savers and adapters for every servo available. I mean come on axial, just include everything and a few extra clips, I wouldn't even be mad if they added the $2 to the price. Everyone has sent e-clips flying across the room never to be seen again, and axial knows it.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:54 AM   #9
RCC Addict

You losing parts is not Axial's fault. If e clips give you trouble, install them in a plastic bag so it wont fly off. They'll be contained in the bag and easy to find.

I've built quite a few kits over the years and I think RC4WD is the only one to include any useful extra hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I'd be more pissed off with Hitec being literally the only manufacturer to sell 24T spline servos in 2020.
This. And if they still use that oddball screw, that's dumb too.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:57 AM   #10
Slow is the new Fast

I don’t think it’s too much to ask for an extra e-clip or three. It would certainly be a thoughtful thing to include. Axial does have a history of providing gobs of extra useless plastic crap in their boxes. But yeah, as I understand it, SSD is the one company to figure it out. I don’t have one yet, but the Trail King is generous with hardware if I remember correctly from others posts.

I have made the drive of shame to my LHS for an e-clip. Bought a dozen...
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:30 AM   #11

TLR does a good job with extra parts in their 10th scale kits. Small screws, eclips and a few odds and ends are usually packaged in a separate bag included in the kit.

I did lose one of those eclips building my truck. Luckily my daughter has eagle eyes and found it about 4 feet from my work bench.
jmitchell13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 10:11 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Have two left hands full of thumbs and loosing e-clips ? Get an appropriate e-clip tool and you'll never need spare ...

https://www.redrc.net/2009/01/duratr...e-e-clip-tool/
tuxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 12:40 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

LOOL, never thaught that someone could start such a thread. So it's the manufacturers fault that you have two left hands and can't install an eclip? All kits come with a 25 splined servo arm, since I started RC way back in 2009, I never seen a kit coming up with a 24 splined servo arm, cause most of the servo manufacturers where going with a 25. Axial gave you 2 optyionm 23 and 25 wich you knew before buyng, still you bought a 24 tooth servo, am I corect? Those micro servos are just optional, install the spacers and you're done. Can't handle a KIT, get a damn RTR and you are sorted
Traulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 03:27 PM   #14

e-clips? I bent one and lost one and wished Axial had included some spares, but I was not upset with them because they only included the required quantity. Even if they had included 1, I would have still been out of luck. Lesson learned, I ordered a bag of 10 e-clips and going forward all e-clip installs will be done encased in a plastic bag.
Richr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 04:41 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I dont do this but I've heard some mention installing E-clips inside of a bag so if anything lets loose its still in the bag.

What I prefer to do is get the E-clip in place then use the edge of a square table to push the E-clip into place while shielding it with my fingers. I only use pliers after its snapped on to ensure its fully seated. I think pliers are the real E-clip launchers lol

First there's anger then theres acceptance... wait wrong thread.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 05-20-2020 at 04:45 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:42 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traulus View Post
LOOL, never thaught that someone could start such a thread. So it's the manufacturers fault that you have two left hands and can't install an eclip? All kits come with a 25 splined servo arm, since I started RC way back in 2009, I never seen a kit coming up with a 24 splined servo arm, cause most of the servo manufacturers where going with a 25. Axial gave you 2 optyionm 23 and 25 wich you knew before buyng, still you bought a 24 tooth servo, am I corect? Those micro servos are just optional, install the spacers and you're done. Can't handle a KIT, get a damn RTR and you are sorted
You lost all credibility with the statement "I started RC way back in 09"
Old 05-21-2020, 07:57 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh9mile View Post
You lost all credibility with the statement "I started RC way back in 09"
And have had two left hands the whole time.

LMAO
JacktheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:29 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh9mile View Post
Come on Axial, step it up a few notches. Would it be so hard to include at least ONE extra E-clip for the shocks and tranny? You included exactly the right amount and nothing more. Of course i sent the last one flying across the room. Would it be so hard for you to include a 24 spline servo horn so I can use the hitec steering servo I bought specifically for this build? How about including the COMPLETE servo savers for the micro servos needed to complete this kit? Instead they are a proprietary piece that only come with a servo that is on worldwide backorder since this kit came out. Sorry for the rant, but axial dropped the ball on this one.
I agree, for the most part, with this statement. But Hitec servos are junk. Always have been ever since they first came out.
Spacelord is offline   Reply With Quote

Things that piss me off about this kit. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rant Things that piss me off kgb424 Chit Chat 22 11-17-2016 03:14 PM
this SHOULD piss you off!! rugerboy Chit Chat 50 01-27-2010 02:38 PM
This should piss off everyone Mayhem Eng. Chit Chat 62 04-01-2009 10:20 PM
This ought to piss everyone off! F250 Chit Chat 73 03-07-2008 06:25 PM
People piss me off 1BadJeepBruiser Chit Chat 8 12-04-2005 03:53 PM