Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: Motor mount ?'s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2020, 05:53 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Motor mount ?'s

Does anyone have a solution for setting the gear mesh to your liking? I just switched from a HH stubby to a CC slate motor. I am using the 12t pinion. With the stubby, mesh in the 12t slot was perfect... With the Slate motor, I had to move the motor to the 11t holes on the mount. Its decent but has a little more backlash than I'd like.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2020, 06:38 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Motor mount ?'s

Are you using the mounting holes that are directly across from each other?
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:00 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Yessir. on the motor, I'm using the holes directly across from eachother, on the motor mount, I am currently using 11 and 11.

Lou
Old 05-14-2020, 07:33 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Odd I’m running a 2700 Stubby and a 12t...... perfect mesh

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:22 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Just put in a slate 3800 with 11T pinion with no issues.

Once I did not have the motor plate seated correctly but I was able to screw down the top cover without issue. I went to run and the pinion just spun barely hitting the spur. Make sure your motor mount is seated correctly in the slot. When I have taken mine out I always seem to have to fiddle with it to make sure it is seated correctly.
$uicide $hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:38 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Yeah, the stubby fit with no issues at all. The slate motor was a little wonky. I couldn’t get the motor plate to set so I ended up pulling the whole tranny to get the motor seated. I did the paper test and it meshes “ok”. I test ran it in my living room and it seems to be alright. But now I feel like I’m stuck with the 12t pinion as I have nowhere else to go on the mount. I may buy the strait axle gears and use a 14t or 15t pinion and see what that gives me.

Lou
Old 07-15-2020, 09:58 PM   #7

Question Re: Motor mount ?'s

I'm looking for some help myself with this motor mount. I'm installing a Tekin ROC412 HD. I wanted to experiment with a 16T 48P pinion, but i found no way to make the metal motor mount seat correct. The pinion rests on the spur and will not allow the mount to seat down into the groove far enough. There is still about a 1mm gap around the edge of the seat. I have tried every screw hole combo I can and still can't get it to seat properly. If I go up to the 17 & 18 holes, the pinion scrubs the bell housing. Has anyone else tried this and found any kind of solution? Thanks in advance for your input.

Update. Found out about the misprint in the manual. Its 32P, not 48P.

Last edited by Lopaka208; 07-15-2020 at 10:19 PM.
Lopaka208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 10:21 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopaka208 View Post
I'm looking for some help myself with this motor mount. I'm installing a Tekin ROC HD. I wanted to experiment with a 16T 48P pinion, but i found no way to make the metal motor mount seat correct. The pinion rests on the spur and will not allow the mount to seat down into the groove far enough. There is still about a 1mm gap around the edge of the seat. I have tried every screw hole combo I can and still can't get it to seat properly. If I go up to the 17 & 18 holes, the pinion scrubs the bell housing. Has anyone else tried this and found any kind of solution? Thanks in advance for your input.
Pinion/spur is 32p not 48p. That could be why you are having problems getting everything to line up.
moondaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 11:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondaddy View Post
Pinion/spur is 32p not 48p. That could be why you are having problems getting everything to line up.
Thanks for the confirmation. I just found that out. Just wish I had figured it out before I suffered through an hour of frustration.
Lopaka208 is offline   Reply With Quote

Motor mount ?'s - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Racing Motor Mount Hits Spur Mount HELP!! RevoRacer Axial AX-10 Scorpion 3 05-08-2008 06:06 PM