Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: JimK's Shiny Red Gladiator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2021, 12:15 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

Default Re: JimK's Shiny Red Gladiator

It does stick out quite a bit for sure but it looks great. I don't have much technical or difficult crawling in my area, mostly hiking and mtb trails to play on. I definitely put looks ahead of hardcore performance on this truck....that being said it's gone wherever I've pointed it so far.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
JimK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2023, 10:04 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

Well it's been way too long since I took Shiny Red for a walk on the trails. So long that it went from shiny to dusty red. My friend Tyler and I hit up some of the local mtb trails on Friday after work.

Old 07-17-2023, 10:10 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

We had a good time running some steep dirt trail sections and found a nice rocky drainage ravine to play in too.

Old 07-17-2023, 10:20 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

The weather man was predicting thunderstorms to roll through the area shortly. Of course today he has to be right and storm it did! We were soaked to the skin in mere seconds so we decided to continue on our merry.....but very wet way. Water was flowing down the trails like small rapids making the driving all that more fun. I took a few more pics and then put my phone away for safe keeping. The storm only lasted about 30 minutes and then the sun came out again so we kept going and ran through a couple packs before heading back to our vehicles. All in all a very fun run.

Tyler crossing the flash flood puddle along the gravel walking trail.

Back at the Jeep....a little muddy but it wast alot of fun packed into a couple hours of trailing. I did lose my steering servo right near the end and the wheels locked hard right. I haven't inspected it yet but most likely due to water damage. Still a very good time!!

Last edited by JimK; 07-17-2023 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-28-2023, 11:06 AM   #45
Pebble Pounder

Looks and sounds like that was great day out Did you end up replacing the servo? Nice looking rig you got

I just got an scx10 iii a couple of weeks back now and haven't managed one pic yet lol
JimrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 12:40 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimrC View Post
Looks and sounds like that was great day out Did you end up replacing the servo? Nice looking rig you got

I just got an scx10 iii a couple of weeks back now and haven't managed one pic yet lol
Thanks Jim. It was a great day out for sure.

The steering problem ended up being with my Spektrum Rugged transmitter. It got so wet in the downpour that the led screen stopped working as did my trim buttons. I was really concerned that the radio was ruined but once it dried out everything went back to normal except for the steering trim button. I reassigned a different trim button for the steering and all was good after that. Apparently rugged doesn't actually mean rugged!!

Just noticed you are in SW Ontario. Where abouts might you be? I'm in a little town just outside of Windsor.
Old 11-29-2023, 11:34 AM   #47
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK View Post
Thanks Jim. It was a great day out for sure.

The steering problem ended up being with my Spektrum Rugged transmitter. It got so wet in the downpour that the led screen stopped working as did my trim buttons. I was really concerned that the radio was ruined but once it dried out everything went back to normal except for the steering trim button. I reassigned a different trim button for the steering and all was good after that. Apparently rugged doesn't actually mean rugged!!

Just noticed you are in SW Ontario. Where abouts might you be? I'm in a little town just outside of Windsor.
Yeah, looks a real good place for sure . I still struggle to find good places here locally ... kinda miss Scotland for that reason lol

Glad to hear the transmitter was all good, that would of sucked big time. I'm still completely stock with my scx10iii but it is only just over 2 weeks now and still deciding what to do with it.

Yup, been in SW Ontario (close to blue water bridge) ... about 15 years now

I biked (cycled) to Tilbury a few years back and regretted not going that bit further to Windsor but was only out to do a century run that day. Not bad for an auld guy with a 20+ yr old mountain bike and to all the nae-sayers

Anyways, maybe we'll have to arrange a meet up when the warmer weather comes around again Am just a newbie with rc's though lol

Enjoy yer day.
JimrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 12:10 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimrC View Post
Yeah, looks a real good place for sure . I still struggle to find good places here locally ... kinda miss Scotland for that reason lol

Glad to hear the transmitter was all good, that would of sucked big time. I'm still completely stock with my scx10iii but it is only just over 2 weeks now and still deciding what to do with it.

Yup, been in SW Ontario (close to blue water bridge) ... about 15 years now

I biked (cycled) to Tilbury a few years back and regretted not going that bit further to Windsor but was only out to do a century run that day. Not bad for an auld guy with a 20+ yr old mountain bike and to all the nae-sayers

Anyways, maybe we'll have to arrange a meet up when the warmer weather comes around again Am just a newbie with rc's though lol

Enjoy yer day.
Very cool!! I do a fair bit of pedaling myself. We'll have to get together when the weather gets nice again for a ride and some tiny truck fun!!

JimK's Shiny Red Gladiator - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
oooh shiny demonoid369 Chit Chat 15 08-22-2012 05:05 PM
me shiny new D90 :) George014 1.9 Scale Rigs 7 11-23-2011 12:42 PM
Mmmmmm...shiny! Duuuuuuuude Tires and Wheels 16 04-08-2009 09:08 PM
Shiny Eritex Inc. Chit Chat 12 06-08-2008 03:21 PM
Project: Shiny! chino438 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 7 03-26-2007 01:38 PM