RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Badger's Axial Wraith reborn VP style (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/319500-badgers-axial-wraith-reborn-vp-style.html)

Twiztid Metal 06-01-2011 05:31 PM

Hay badger, Looks fun and awsome. I have a question you might know, Why is there bent upers and straight lowers?? is if for drive shaft clearance? and if some one were to upgrade to aluminum, do they have to have bent uppers or could straight uppers and straight lowers work??

Blazefighter 06-01-2011 05:57 PM

Haven't seen them in person but my guess is they are the same upper and lowers as a XR10 maybe.... They look the same in badger's pictures.

JonU 06-01-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axial (Post 3120918)
The c-hubs and knuckles are from the XR10. The rear axle is the same as the front, the difference being that instead of having the c-hub and knuckle it has a straight axle adapter that slides onto the axle. This is the preferred method when you do not have rear steer because it reduces the amount of parts as well as creates more clearance by not having the mass of the c-hubs and knuckles hanging off the axle.

If you want to convert the rear axle to have steering you can, you will just have to buy all the parts needed. You can find all the info in the manual on what parts are needed from the front axle build steps.

So am I understanding this correctly? Does this mean I could convert the wraith to have 4ws?! That would be awesome!

luv2ridemx 06-01-2011 06:50 PM

Hey Badger, whats your thought on installing prolines scaler shocks ?? I'm kind of thinking they are not long enough and will compermise ground clearance since the suspension will be lowered due to their lengh.

I'm sure Pro-line will be jumping all over this and be coming out with upgrades for it.

Thanks for posting the pic's for us who have to WAIT !!!!! your killing me :)

RPP Hobby 06-01-2011 06:57 PM

Great here come the E mails and phone calls where is my wraith! I saw it on RC Crawler..:mrgreen: Sorry everyone I have not been given a legit date as to when we are actually going to see these. But I want mine like yesterday! "thumbsup"

On a side note John those are some great pictures!

Twiztid Metal 06-01-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazefighter (Post 3121375)
Haven't seen them in person but my guess is they are the same upper and lowers as a XR10 maybe.... They look the same in badger's pictures.

xr10 has bent uppers and lowers, with the "slider" lowers option by my search on google. I was just wondering, because it looks like striaght uppers might interfear with the drive shafts by his pictures.

braceysdad 06-01-2011 07:05 PM

take it off any sweet jumps yet?

Matt.k 06-01-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal (Post 3121331)
Hay badger, Looks fun and awsome. I have a question you might know, Why is there bent upers and straight lowers?? is if for drive shaft clearance? and if some one were to upgrade to aluminum, do they have to have bent uppers or could straight uppers and straight lowers work??

Yes, the bent uppers are for clearance of the driveshaft. We will have an option links pack coming out shortly that you can use to upgrade your links. I wouldn't recommend a straight link for the uppers since it will limit your articulation and rub on the driveshaft.

The upper link is based off the stock XR10 upper link, the difference being it is a one piece design, the XR0 is a three piece upper link held together with setscrews. The stage 3 option links pack for the XR10 will not work with the Wraith.

ecoli 06-01-2011 07:29 PM

Loving that clearance under the axles. Here's a question, how much overlap do the male/female ends of the driveshafts have? Planning on a build where the wheelbase will be close to 15", not sure if the Wraith driveshafts will be long enough for it or if I have to go with Maxx driveshafts.

badger 06-02-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2ridemx (Post 3121486)
Hey Badger, whats your thought on installing prolines scaler shocks ?? I'm kind of thinking they are not long enough and will compermise ground clearance since the suspension will be lowered due to their lengh.

I'm sure Pro-line will be jumping all over this and be coming out with upgrades for it.

Thanks for posting the pic's for us who have to WAIT !!!!! your killing me :)

I'm actually going to try some shorter SC shocks when I put the brushless system in it because as it sits it's way to high.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rpp Hobby (Post 3121501)
Great here come the E mails and phone calls where is my wraith! I saw it on RC Crawler..:mrgreen: Sorry everyone I have not been given a legit date as to when we are actually going to see these. But I want mine like yesterday! "thumbsup"

On a side note John those are some great pictures!

Haha, just what you guys need, to be even more busy. 8) Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by braceysdad (Post 3121516)
take it off any sweet jumps yet?

I did. I race mini SC on Wed. nights at a local indoor track and slapped a 3S lipo in it and it easily cleared the table top jump on the track. This thing hauls ass with the stock electronics and 3S!

Matt.k 06-03-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badger (Post 3120750)

The stock axial shocks work great but I will more then likely upgrade them with a set of Proline Power Stroke scaler shocks

The biggest issue with the smaller shocks is oil volume, in the higher speeds application the more oil you can get the better... Even the SCX10 shocks hold more oil than the others and will yield better performance, but nothing will beat the larger piston size...

If your nice to him... your son Brandon might be willing to cut some aluminum shock bodies and shock shafts down to a shorter length for you... "thumbsup"

Brandon 06-03-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axial (Post 3124396)

If your nice to him... your son Brandon might be willing to cut some aluminum shock bodies and shock shafts down to a shorter length for you... "thumbsup"

Don't drag me into this :ror:

dieselfuel 06-03-2011 10:46 AM

i like the axles, they'd kick ass for a 2.2 TTC rig.

badger 06-03-2011 03:59 PM

I did a speed test with stock electronics with a 2S lipo and a 3S lipo. With a 2S lipo my GPS clocked a max speed of 11.9 MPH, with a 3S lipo the max speed was 16.7 MPH. It's amazing that the 3S is only about 5 MPH faster, when you get this rig on the rocks or offroad 16+ MPH seems like it hauls ass.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/24631999?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0&amp;c olor=c9ff23" width="800" height="450" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/24631999">Stock Axial Wraith speed test</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/rccrawler">RCCrawler</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p><p>This Axial Wraith is 100% stock, I just added a 2S lipo and a 3S lipo to test the max speeds.</p>

kaetwo 06-03-2011 04:13 PM

:lol:

I love it!!!!

8)

badger 06-03-2011 04:17 PM

Crap, I should have put a disclaimer on that video stating that the non-scale digital dashboard is NOT stock. I hope a bunch of stupid newbies don't call Axial complaining that their dashboard is not digital.

BigBaller 06-03-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badger (Post 3125023)
Crap, I should have put a disclaimer on that video stating that the non-scale digital dashboard is NOT stock. I hope a bunch of stupid newbies don't call Axial complaining that their dashboard is not digital.

Nice job on the video Badger. Why didn't you shift it into 2nd gear? Mine is WAY faster in 2nd gear. :roll:

Chaotic Crawlers 06-03-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badger (Post 3125023)

WAIT!!!!
So your saying mine will have mechanical gauges instead????

Where do I click to get the digital upgrade??:mrgreen:

badger 06-03-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaotic Crawlers (Post 3125037)
WAIT!!!!
So your saying mine will have mechanical gauges instead????

Where do I click to get the digital upgrade??:mrgreen:

:ror: I'm pretty sure RPP with have the digital dash upgrade, he has everything else.

dezfan 06-03-2011 05:54 PM

When do you get your awesome Harley skins?