Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: XR-10/Wraith knuckle questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Default XR-10/Wraith knuckle questions

Okay I'm a little foggy on a few things.. I'm assuming the double *arms* on the knuckles are actually used when installed on an XR-10? I've never seen one in person so I have no idea.. If so, why aren't they used on the Wraith, or could they be used? This steering setup is pretty exotic for me, I'm so used to the standard AX-10 knuckles/c-hub setup that's fairly straight forward. So many angles and such with this new to me steering setup.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

The double arms also serve as nice steering stops. While you could use the double arms to steer, in a behind the axle setup you'd be hard press to fit a tierod in there. If double arms forward, you end up with poor ackerman and bad steering angles compared to the bolt on arms.
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid View Post
The double arms also serve as nice steering stops.
I did appreciate that when I was setting up my homebrew steering linkages. I was going to cut them off until I realized this. At first I thought it was kinda tacky and unprofessional to have parts clearly designed for another product and just slap it in the Wraith backwards and ship it.. It would be expensive to setup production of the knuckles without the arms I'm sure which is understandable looking at it from Axials POV.

Thanks for reminding me of that little tidbit if nothing else I can be happy they serve that purpose.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote