Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: STRC Aluminum shock body?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default STRC Aluminum shock body?

STRC STA80036BK Alum Shock Bodies w/ Collars, Wraith | eBay

Anybody using these? Do they leak? Or would Axial aluminum bodies be better?

And 1 more ? I'm looking at Proline Slash shocks to, just don't know if I should get 4 fronts or 4 rears? I am building my Wraith for 95% crawler with a 35T motor.
Thanks Joe
OfnaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: STRC Aluminum shock body?

I'm using them and the caps, I'm just at the roller stage with my build but they seem really nice so far.
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
RCC Addict

The Proline Slash fronts are 88mm hole to hole and the rears are a couple of mm longer than the stock Wraith shocks, so it's your choice if you want to lower the ride height or keep it roughly the same.

Your best bet is to run the Wraith with the stock shocks to see if you like the height and go from there. At least you won't be out the price of a "wrong length" shock.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

nope, don't like the stock height. Done flipped the front and rear mounts over. Like it this way, just not liking the stock shocks. I don't like anything stock much anyways. I have CI Delrin links, VP CMS kit with panhard bar, VP clockable chubs, VP knuckles, CI electronics plate so I could do the battery forward, Futaba 3PK radio, Axial universals, Hitec 7955 servo, Castle bec, 35T motor, Proline 2.2 TSL-Boggers, ATI Turbine wheels, Rouge Elements hubs, Dynamic Concepts Rubicon body panels, CFM boatsides, CI's new drop cargo tray.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I run just the normal slash front shocks on all 4 corners. I run a MMP with a 10.5 brushless, it handles nice.
skywker51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfnaJoe View Post
nope, don't like the stock height. Done flipped the front and rear mounts over. Like it this way, just not liking the stock shocks. I don't like anything stock much anyways. I have CI Delrin links, VP CMS kit with panhard bar, VP clockable chubs, VP knuckles, CI electronics plate so I could do the battery forward, Futaba 3PK radio, Axial universals, Hitec 7955 servo, Castle bec, 35T motor, Proline 2.2 TSL-Boggers, ATI Turbine wheels, Rouge Elements hubs, Dynamic Concepts Rubicon body panels, CFM boatsides, CI's new drop cargo tray.
Well, there ya go. Answered your own question.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:47 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
Well, there ya go. Answered your own question.
No I didn't, I never said which Slash shock, front or rear.

skywker51, How does it crawl with all fronts?
Does it have enough flex with the shorter shocks?
I don't need the Wraith for speed, I have enough 1/8 stuff for speed and a couple of HPI 1/5 too, The Wraith is just gonna be a crawler.
Thanks guys
Old 01-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Ah, such negativity.

I guess if you actually read my previous post, you'd see where you DID answer your own question. I'll repeat (although I'm not sure why I'm bothering)

Quote:
The Proline Slash fronts are 88mm hole to hole and the rears are a couple of mm longer than the stock Wraith shocks, so it's your choice if you want to lower the ride height or keep it roughly the same.
Let me recap...The Proline Slash fronts are shorter and the rears are the same (actually a couple of mm longer than stock Wraith). You didn't like the higher ride height with the stocks, so obviously using the fronts will lower that.

BTW, Harley's thread provides info on the same subject.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

right, but I flipped all the mounts and the ride height is OK, I'm looking for travel to gain flex so I guess I will go with all rears. Now the bad part is $120 for 2 sets of rear shocks, 2 sets of rear springs and a Proline mounting kit.
Time to sale some more stuff

STRC Aluminum shock body? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
STRC front aluminum steering knuckles Stinky One Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 01-30-2010 12:02 AM
STRC WK aluminum rear straight axles (lock-outs) teamstrc HPI Wheely King 14 06-18-2008 09:40 AM