RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Rear steer on rear center VP axle (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/402463-rear-steer-rear-center-vp-axle.html)

irokcrawl 09-13-2012 10:56 AM

Rear steer on rear center VP axle

I just picked up Shane's IFS Wraith and have c-hubs and knuckles on the way and already have a servo to do rear steer. He put a VP rear axle in that he had the rear diff centered. Does anyone make a servo mount that will work with that set up or do I need to just buy VP front housing and use those parts. I like the centered diff but that means custom shafts and the possibility of having to have other custom parts. I honestly would rather have it offset all the way to one side like we do on the 1:1 stuff. Also when it is time to put the steering shafts in what is the possibility that my spare VP VVD XR shafts will work. I don't mind cutting them down and machining the part that goes into the carrier/locker. Rear steer is something that I have always had in the plans for my 1:1 but never got around to putting the parts on so and I figure it is a hell of a lot cheaper to do it on the wraith. :roll:

This thing is so much damn fun and I can only imagine how much more fun i will have with rear steer. The tekin pro4 rocks!

I also plan to have some skins made for it and wrapped with childhood cancer awareness. My wife is a nurse at Children's hospital of Birmingham and works on the cancer floor so I think it would be neat to bring it up there and turn the speed way down to let some of the kids play with it since they have such a positive attitude towards life, something that we all could learn from.

Harley 09-13-2012 11:58 AM

Re: Rear steer on rear center VP axle

You can use an AX10 version truss for the servo mount and tap it into the tubes.

Also, I modified your post a little due to the "wanted section" type part of it. Feel free to make a new thread on that part in the appropriate section "thumbsup"

irokcrawl 09-13-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 3914729)
You can use an AX10 version truss for the servo mount and tap it into the tubes.

Also, I modified your post a little due to the "wanted section" type part of it. Feel free to make a new thread on that part in the appropriate section "thumbsup"

No worries and thanks for the heads up on the AX10 info.

irokcrawl 09-13-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 3914729)

This is the truss that is on it now. Vanquish AX-10 Axle Truss So just buy a mount and put it on the truss? I assumed what was on it was for a Wraith but after looking at the pics it is definitely a Ax10 version since it it centered and symmetrical. I guess since he centered the diff he used the AX10 truss.

99tjwhore 09-23-2012 02:57 PM

post pics
I am waiting on my wraith to get here,, One of the first things I am going to do is :twisted: aws
What controller do i need to run the rear servo ?

irokcrawl 09-23-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99tjwhore (Post 3930732)
post pics
I am waiting on my wraith to get here,, One of the first things I am going to do is :twisted: aws
What controller do i need to run the rear servo ?

I have a 4pks and know it has a special setting for the 4ws. I havent gotten the rear steer put on but having everything besides the servo mount and one universal. I think my buddy has both but he is out of town for the weekend. Here is a video of it jumping off a little spot in the back yard where our pool used to be at. This thing handles awesome! I edited in Youtube to get it to rotate correctly but the changes might not have taken yet. Other wise flip your screen 90*. :flipoff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9a9...8&feature=plcp