Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: New to me Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #1

Default New to me Wraith

I got a wraith from a board member about 2 weeks ago, Im happy with it but kinda not happy with the condition some of the parts were in when I was told it was in almost new condition. I got it all together and ran it for about 15 mins and the esc went out, so I started pulling it all apart to replace the shocks with different non leaking shocks, and put my spare AE-2 in it and didn't like the motor that was in it so Im thinking about putting my spare tekin pro 45t in it. Then front c-hubs and knuckles are stock and I was thinking about just using them for the time being and I got to looking and they have the same side c-hubs and knuckles on both sides just one side the c-hub and knuckle is just upside down so Im gonna probably go with vanquish parts just kinda disappointed in being mislead, I guess you win some and you lose some. Ok is a tekin pro 45t to low geared for a wraith, I think it will work good for what Im wanting to do with it, mostly rock crawling really not into rock racing, but wondering if I should leave the stock 80t or go with a 87t spur with about a 14 or 16 pinion
jason7395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New to me Wraith

Don't feel to bad man.I got a brand new kit and the shocks have leaked from day one.I changed the bladders out for traxxas bladders and it stopped most of the leakage.The 45t should work well for you with 87/16 gearing.I run a 27t epic with 87/12 and mine performs well.
wildmanMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:01 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

it will crawl very well, but will not be fast by any means.
i run a 27t with 87/18t and was happy with the speed, but the motor kept getting too hot so i changed to a 16t.
i think getting around 5:1 spur/ pinion ration will keep the motor running cool enough and still have wheel speed.
bmf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
RCC Addict

The leaking shocks are a given with Axial stock shocks, the ESC can crap out at any moment. Between my 2 SCX10's and Wraith, I have had all 3 with leaking shocks ( 1 SCX10 right out of the box ), 1 ESC go bad (never went in water) 1 SCX10 spur gear stripped out after a couple runs because the mess must have been set too losse. The Wraith steering servo crapped out after 3 runs on it, the C-hub screws were stripped right out of the box and on the 1st pack the wheel started to wobble. My point is, unless the Wraith you got was totally beat to crap, it probably wasnt the sellers fault that things went wrong.

I personally think the quality isnt there on the Axial products like it used to be. The kits are great, but the RTR's are being pumped out so fast I think their quality control has gone out the window.
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote