Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Brushless system issue...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 07:13 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Brushless system issue...

Just put in a brushless system in my wraith. And there are 3 cables from the motor to the esc but when i connect them like they are suppose to be connected the throttle are reversed. So when i push forward it goes backward and vise versa. I corrected the problem by switching 2 of the cables so that orange connects to blue and blue to orange.

But here is the issue. When i do it like that the car is faster backwards then forward... Anyone know how to fix this?

I cant find any options on my controller (Fly sky GT3B ) to reverse the throttle...
Jigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Brushless system issue...

I have the same radio and needed to turn off the abs crap. I'm not looking at my radio now but basically between the dial and the two buttons above it, you can adjust everything. Once you spend some time tinkering and pushing buttons, all the adjustments are easy. Another option would be to reverse the diffs, really easy to do. I have arb diff covers so I had to flip or the logo would be upside down. Whichever way you go it's pretty easy to fix.
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

like Diesel said, use the servo reversing on the radio. I think all radios have this feature even the cheap radios. Don't know which esc you have but some can be programmed to be reversed.
hatefulboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Figured it out I was reversing the wrong channel :p hehe rookie mistake :p I all works now except the reverse is so damn slow.. at first i thought i must be a loose wire but no. When i say slow i mean real sloooow. and if the reverse get some resistance like backing uphill or something it sometimes just wont go..
Old 12-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

What ESC are you using?
sniper101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Also make sure the wires are connected properly again, from the motor to ESC. So if you reversed a wire maybe that is the problem. I think all brushless are labelled A, B, C.....so they must be connected to the ESC in the same A, B, C.

I had to reverse my throttle channel on my Futaba 3PM-X because it was like yours...ran in the opposite directions.

My brushless setup seems to be fast both ways. I have not had the chance to test due to Winter and snow here. I am having more fun with my Kyosho Blizzard SR in the snow!!
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
20K Club

The wires must've connected correctly only if it is a sensored system.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Oh ok Harley!! Cool to know! Well my Tekin Redline is sensored, hehehe.
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Figured it out The programing card that came with the esc for some reason dont have the option to adjust the reverse %.....

So i had to figure out how to program it manually and set it to 100% and wolla Works like a charm

Totally changed the car though. Its now pretty fast actually. But i think im need to get a sensored brushless system thinking about a Tekin system but there are no tekin sellers in Norway that i can find so i gotta find some on ebay. Anyone got a tip on a good sensored brushless system that i can find on ebay? Not to expensive...
Old 12-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

go with the mmp mamba max pro and the tekin pro4 3300kv it's patently fast on 3s and with the mmp you can run 6s the mmp also has a built in bec but not the greatest so I've heard I have this set up in my wraith and love it

with this set up suggested mods:
mips driveshafts
hd lockers
all rrp steel gears in tranny
hd ring and pinion
32 p gears
EvanSouders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I run a vxl system (non sensored) running 9/60 32p gears with great results. The coging is almost gone and it's waterproof. No drag brake but, it's a basher trail truck and if you have enough control you don't need a drag brake.
diesel kawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

I've had the VXL but, the torque of the Pro4 is mean!!!! Not much difference in top end but the Pro4 kills it in bottom end torque. But like Evan said with most brushless set ups you want to do some upgrades.
hatefulboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel kawboy View Post
I run a vxl system (non sensored) running 9/60 32p gears with great results. The coging is almost gone and it's waterproof. No drag brake but, it's a basher trail truck and if you have enough control you don't need a drag brake.
Do they make non sensored VXL systems?
Most people don't realise the VXL system is a sensored esc. The port in the esc's case for the sendor cable has a plug in it but you can pull out the plug and run a sensored cable/motor with the VXL.
transambill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:54 AM   #14
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel kawboy View Post
if you have enough control you don't need a drag brake.
Ummmmm what? I ran the VXL for a short time, the lack of drag brake was an immediate killer. I have never seen any amount of control that eliminates the need for drag brake, just trail driving or not.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote