Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: New wheels!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Default New wheels!

It's always exciting to get new wheels.

I recently discovered Locked UP (hey, I don't get out much) and was REALLY impressed by the scale hardware. Then I started looking at their wheel options...

After putting the Currie axles on my wraith I've wanted to go a little more scale elsewhere so I think you can see where I'm headed.

I loved the beefy all business look of these great looking wheels. I had VP SLW rims before and holy crap on a cracker are these things heavy by comparison. This thing is a rock crawler so I don't mind (I run no wheel weights though) so hey a little extra weight is okay, I had been keeping it pretty light but that went out the window with the Curries anyway.

Loving the compatibility with VP hubs. Running .225's to narrow it up a little bit. I like it much better.

I'm going to try keeping them sealed up for now.. I have only run these claws vented up until this point and I love them, but the foams are a liiiiiiittle on the soft side so we'll see how they do "aired up". I'd like to be able to cross shallow streams too so now I can.

Scale hardware looks soooo much better than giant hex and torx bolts that my VP rims had. It's a little more bling than what I was going for in the beginning but I'm liking it. I'm definitely not going to polish them the wheels though, that'd be too much.

Ah, scale hardware... Funny thing about that.. The tools I bought to go along with them are a little tricky if you don't have a driver they fit into, which come to find out I don't. No way in hell i'm installing that tiny hardware with a drill either. After panicking and looking everywhere to find a way to actually tighten them I ran into this little gem of an idea...

Ha! Perfect fit. I don't feel right installing small hardware with too big of a tool anyway, it's too hard to feel the bolt hit that *stop* point when it's snug.

A big thanks to Locked up RC. Patrick was VERY helpful and yikes did they ship fast. I ordered them on friday afternoon and they came in this morning. I dare say that was faster than RPP.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: New wheels!

They look good and so do the axles.
raceeng18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I was just looking at those wheel setups for my wraith today !! With the other type of beadlock ring though. They look amazing on there, if u don't mind me asking what was the total for all the hardware and rings?

-sent from my smarter than me phone
mjc597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:55 AM   #4
Jus
I wanna be Dave

You can add everything to your cart to see what it adds up to. It was somewhere north of $170.

I'm kinda bummed that I can't add the really cool hub covers that locked up makes. There aren't enough threads on my axle stubs for them to even grab onto.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Very nice! What is your overall width now (outside to outside of tires?) I'm currently running XR10 Axial beadlocks and want to narrow mine a little more.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #6
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Width to outside of tires is 11.5".
Old 05-16-2013, 01:16 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I love the wheels, I'll be ordering a batch of 1.9 unavailable wheel design from them soon. I can't wait seeing how nice their product look in pictures.
french_connection is offline   Reply With Quote