RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   timing help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/501564-timing-help.html)

wyomingcrawler 07-13-2014 01:58 PM

timing help

just installed my new HH CM 16t. with the wires hooked up red to red black to black control is backward no big deal fixed that on the remote. But rev is faster :cry: how hard it it to fix the timing so its faster forward? Thanks

robertjpjr 07-13-2014 03:18 PM

Re: timing help

Options -
1. switch the wires, red to black, black to red.
2. ESC may have rotation settings reverse / normal

either way, switch one and reprogram.

RealDeal 07-13-2014 03:38 PM

If you have a rtr with backwards diff's, You might consider flipping them and get everything turning in the rite direction

wyomingcrawler 07-13-2014 07:41 PM

so move the diff gear to the other side of the axles? why in the heck would they build it like that if its not right? thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealDeal (Post 4833807)
If you have a rtr with backwards diff's, You might consider flipping them and get everything turning in the rite direction

wyomingcrawler 07-14-2014 06:39 PM

Thats what I'm talking about the customer service from HH does not get any better. John is on it when it comes to help and great product! Motor is fixed and running great. Not as fast as i want but it will work. I will never buy any other motor than one from HH "thumbsup" "thumbsup" "thumbsup" "thumbsup" THANKS HH!!!!!!!!

axial 4x4 crawler 07-15-2014 11:22 AM

The diffs have nothing to do with it, if you reverse the diffs all you're going to do is make it the same way. Simply check your radio trims, then check to see if the motor is wired correctly. Then check to see if the ESC is not reversed with the wires leading to the motor. It's all that simple, don't screw around with the diffs if you have a reverse problem, contact HH if you need more help.

allanon1965 07-15-2014 02:08 PM

What is meant is to reverse the ring gear inside the diff. Switching sides changes direction. This makes all the difference.

axial 4x4 crawler 07-15-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allanon1965 (Post 4835806)
What is meant is to reverse the ring gear inside the diff. Switching sides changes direction. This makes all the difference.

Yeah I know what he meant, I had to this on my fastback crawler with ar60's and I had to flip the axle 180 degrees to cut the torque twist and then I had to flip that ring gear, no big deal though. But what I'm saying is that with the problem he's having the ring gears should have nothing to with it..it is a electrical issue...

allanon1965 07-15-2014 06:13 PM

The real problem is the gears..you can compensate electrically but to do it right so nothing electrically has to be reversed you should flip the gears...