RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Wraith Skid Plate (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/504136-wraith-skid-plate.html)

Gossamer_G30 08-05-2014 06:04 PM

Wraith Skid Plate

Was reading through some older posts, and saw where LG Fab made some stainless steel skid plates for the Wraith. Appears the thread is dead.

Really don't want to go aluminum.

Any other options out there?

Thanks!

Duuuuuuuude 08-05-2014 06:41 PM

Re: Wraith Skid Plate

Plastic works great. "thumbsup"

Boopernator 09-11-2014 06:44 AM

Can you swap the Wraith Skid plate for an AX10 one? My wraith seems to high center too much. I don't even know if that would be the solution to my problem. I mostly rock crawl with it, have the battery mounted up front, over drive gears front, under drive gears rear, DIG transmission, and have the front wheels weighted. I am amazed at what it goes over but when I'm stuck it's because of the big skid plate I think. Any suggestions?

3stage 09-11-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boopernator (Post 4890906)
Can you swap the Wraith Skid plate for an AX10 one? My wraith seems to high center too much. I don't even know if that would be the solution to my problem. I mostly rock crawl with it, have the battery mounted up front, over drive gears front, under drive gears rear, DIG transmission, and have the front wheels weighted. I am amazed at what it goes over but when I'm stuck it's because of the big skid plate I think. Any suggestions?

At that point, I would consider either installing taller tires or raising the suspension slightly to find the best compromise between ground clearance and stability. I run my wraith slightly high up to keep skid clearance to a maximum. I don't have much stability issues, but I'm a careful driver..

tklatti 09-11-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boopernator (Post 4890906)

If your asking if it's a direct bolt in. Then no. You would have to fab up a mount to use it.

Boopernator 09-12-2014 06:14 AM

Right now I'm running Pro-Line Chisels for tires. I have done the shock mount lowering mods from this forum for both the front and back too. I like the lower stance, but maybe that's the trade off? Running the truck as low as possible means I'm gonna hang up on the skid plate. I will search for "tallest tire" I see what I come up with.