RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   VP vvd (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/506358-vp-vvd.html)

wyomingcrawler 08-26-2014 05:35 PM

VP vvd

are they worth the extra money or should i just go with the axial CV's want to build it strong and only one time.... well hope only one time. thanks for the input "thumbsup"

vicstag 08-26-2014 06:02 PM

Re: VP vvd

VP all the way best parts/service spend one time buy vvd 2's

littletoyboy 08-26-2014 06:31 PM

You can buy two sets of axial unis for about the same price as on set of vanquish. I personally like the axial units, and find them to be quiet strong.

Norton 08-26-2014 06:40 PM

^^^yup^^^

wyomingcrawler 08-26-2014 07:13 PM

VP is great i have plenty of money spent with them and yes the customer service it topnotch. harleys BP thread uses the axial ones and just wanted to know if the VPs are stronger. i don't care about the price just want a strong ass rig. "thumbsup"

crawler nut 08-26-2014 07:17 PM

Yes the vvd's are stronger. Plus if you break 1 they will most likely warranty it. If not, then you can buy just the broken piece unlike if you have axial uni's, then you'd have to buy a whole new pair. I broke 2 uni's with a brushed integy motor. I have yet to break a vvd and I've been beating on mine for over a year on 3 and 4s with a pro4. So anyways... Vp vvd's for the win.

Heckler 08-26-2014 07:51 PM

If you want something in between the RC4WD VVD's are just like the Vanquish ones only black and half the cost, I broke 2 sets of Axial CV's in 3 runs, the RC4WD's are running strong. Im not a Vanquish hater I have plenty of it on my rig and I tried the Vanquish VVD's but they didn't fit, they were too long and needed to cut them down with a dremmel to shorten them and grind the flats longer.

wyomingcrawler 08-26-2014 08:46 PM

has any one else had this problem with the VPs and what locker are you all using in the front i have the FI in the rear and its great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heckler (Post 4875974)
If you want something in between the RC4WD VVD's are just like the Vanquish ones only black and half the cost, I broke 2 sets of Axial CV's in 3 runs, the RC4WD's are running strong. Im not a Vanquish hater I have plenty of it on my rig and I tried the Vanquish VVD's but they didn't fit, they were too long and needed to cut them down with a dremmel to shorten them and grind the flats longer.

vicstag 08-26-2014 09:24 PM

I have complete VP axles with beeftubes, VP lockers, vvd version 2 and it all fit perfectly

WHITE-TRASH 08-26-2014 09:52 PM

I broke a vvd. The parts to fix it are the same as just buying a pair of axial uni's. I have not broken a uni yet. Guess what I run in all my solid axle rigs. :lol:

crawler nut 08-26-2014 11:30 PM

Anything can and will break. A simple call to vanquish and i bet they would have sent you the parts for free. Their warranty service is killer.

Heckler 08-26-2014 11:44 PM

Don't get me wrong I think the Vanquish VVD's are a top quality piece, I think if you break a Vanquish VVD there is most likely nothing out there you wont break unless it's something custom, I just ended up with 2 sets that didn't fit, they actually called me today and said that there were some sets that were packaged incorrectly. The 1st set I bought I got from RPP when I bought the original VVD's, the second set of replacement shafts I got directly from Vanquish, they were too long also, hopefully they have it sorted out.

The Axial shafts I broke I believe broke from falls bashing, not power related, they both snapped off at the cup, I suspect it was from falling and landing on the front wheel, like I did this last weekend and bent a rear shaft.

WHITE-TRASH 08-27-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawler nut (Post 4876131)
Anything can and will break. A simple call to vanquish and i bet they would have sent you the parts for free. Their warranty service is killer.

I don't need a warranty with axial shafts so far. :lol:

Tmaxxed 08-27-2014 09:07 PM

I've been running vp vvds for over a year now with no issues. Pro4 3300 on 3s.

Chainsaw10 08-27-2014 09:40 PM

I ran Axial universals for almost a year with the Pro4 3300 mostly on 4s....and a little bit of 3s. They held up great.....BUT......I've snapped 3 of them recently. All breaks were the front short axle. They snapped at the yoke. I think the Axial is using cheaper steel or something. I just can't get them to hold up anymore!!
I did call axial though, and they sent me two full replacement sets( even though i only asked for the short ones)

I may try Vanquish if i have one more breakage.

Heckler 08-27-2014 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainsaw10 (Post 4877074)
I ran Axial universals for almost a year with the Pro4 3300 mostly on 4s....and a little bit of 3s. They held up great.....BUT......I've snapped 3 of them recently. All breaks were the front short axle. They snapped at the yoke. I think the Axial is using cheaper steel or something. I just can't get them to hold up anymore!!
I did call axial though, and they sent me two full replacement sets( even though i only asked for the short ones)

I may try Vanquish if i have one more breakage.

Same here...