RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Yeti trailing arms with wraith skid plate (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/525534-yeti-trailing-arms-wraith-skid-plate.html)

mallcrawler24 02-09-2015 04:35 PM

Yeti trailing arms with wraith skid plate

Anyone running yeti trailing arms and rear links on a wraith?

fr8cture 02-09-2015 04:52 PM

Re: Yeti trailing arms with wraith skid plate

your rear end would be stretched out quite a bit...

mallcrawler24 02-09-2015 04:53 PM

It will be on a wraithzilla chassis

gdb85 02-09-2015 05:06 PM

You can do it no problem, it just lengthens the wheel base by 1/2".

You will need longer upper links to compensate.

mallcrawler24 02-09-2015 05:19 PM

Think the links need a little bit Of trimming to make them move more freely

fr8cture 02-09-2015 05:27 PM

twin hammers arms are .4" shorter. blue monkey makes wraith specific length trailing arms also.

mallcrawler24 02-09-2015 06:04 PM

I know blue monkey makes them just really expensive. Might look into twin hammer rear links and trailing arms

Del Monte 02-09-2015 09:28 PM

I would go with a wraith or yeti length rear trailing arm before a TH length one. I'm running VP yeti rear lowers and they work great with a little dremel work to the skid. I also had to space the links in slightly at the axle to keep them from binding when I was running stock link mounts.

mrhobby100 02-09-2015 10:11 PM

run them from the outside last screw on the side of the skid plate so they are straight. everybody I see that throws them quickly on a wraith puts them at an angle from the stock lower link mount. real trailing arms are not meant to run like that. I have 2 linked real prerunners and the trailing arms are straight and I have never built a customer angled trailing arms on any of my trucks. A slight triangulation is okay. Having the trailing arms mounted out wider will also help with the body roll associated with shock on link setups.

fr8cture 02-09-2015 11:01 PM

Yep do the rear screw that holds the skid on to mount them. thats what I did.

mallcrawler24 02-10-2015 05:22 AM

ok ill check it out today. my wraithzilla should be here today.

vanwraith001 08-18-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallcrawler24 (Post 5141230)
Anyone running yeti trailing arms and rear links on a wraith?

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08...f9b79494cd.jpg

I just finished putting the yeti trailing arms from my kit version yeti on and I really like how it feels now.

SCREAMER 08-18-2015 04:52 PM

Very nice. I love new options and retrofits! What rear uppers are everyone running?

tacocat 08-18-2015 05:38 PM

Holy wheelbase batman! That looks dope!

Donkey_Punch 08-20-2015 10:19 AM

Hot racing makes a decent rear aluminum trailing arm for the twin hammers. I remember it coming with different sized spacers and studs so you can customized the length to your liking and it was only 30$

gottorque 08-20-2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhobby100 (Post 5141640)
run them from the outside last screw on the side of the skid plate so they are straight. everybody I see that throws them quickly on a wraith puts them at an angle from the stock lower link mount. real trailing arms are not meant to run like that. I have 2 linked real prerunners and the trailing arms are straight and I have never built a customer angled trailing arms on any of my trucks. A slight triangulation is okay. Having the trailing arms mounted out wider will also help with the body roll associated with shock on link setups.

Winner! This is absolutely correct

I run TH trailing arms on my wraith, mounted on the last hole on the skid with custom double sheer mounts/sliders. It's worked out great

tmb100x 08-21-2015 01:27 AM

I'm running VP Twin Hammers arms on mine, also at the last skid mounting screw but instead of mounting it outside, I notched the skid to be able to put them between skid and frame rail. The stock plastic chassis didn't like the stresses of that setup but my new Dinky RC steel chassis doesn't complain a bit"thumbsup"

Now I just need the SSD axles. And an HH Puller Pro. And finish the interior. And......

gottorque 08-21-2015 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmb100x (Post 5282935)
I'm running VP Twin Hammers arms on mine, also at the last skid mounting screw but instead of mounting it outside, I notched the skid to be able to put them between skid and frame rail. The stock plastic chassis didn't like the stresses of that setup but my new Dinky RC steel chassis doesn't complain a bit"thumbsup"

Now I just need the SSD axles. And an HH Puller Pro. And finish the interior. And......

Thats a good idea. Never thought about notching the skid like that"thumbsup"

fr8cture 08-21-2015 11:02 AM

I tried the inside... Hit the chassis.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

tmb100x 08-24-2015 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr8cture (Post 5283100)
I tried the inside... Hit the chassis.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Yep, mine did too. I ended up clipping off the back section of the lower frame rail to make room. I added a vertical riser between upper and lower rail but the stock plastic just wasn't up to the task. The Dinky chassis I picked up has a better design that allows me to run this setup with free range of motion on the arms.