Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: trany

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2015, 07:00 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default trany

are the wraith and scx tranys the same want to get RR tray gears for my friends scx thanks for the help.....
wyomingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2015, 07:06 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: trany

The gears are the same, you can use them in both the scx10 and wraith. However the outputs, and the transmission case are wraith specific. You can run the scx10 transmission case on the wraith you just need the proper output or drive shaft extensions to do so because of the wraith skid interference.
Revoasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:11 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

so if i buy the same RR gears that i put in my wraith they will work in the scx?
Old 02-22-2015, 07:23 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Are they out of stock on the scx10 RR gears? Just curious is all, but yes you can, just don't buy the 1 piece wraith bottom gear as it will not work in the scx10 application. Remember the wraith transmission has the extended case for the optional dig setup. Another option is the Axial and or HR metal transmission gears too for your trans, that is if you don't feel comfortable mixing part #s from the wraith to your scx10.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:56 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

well i don't even see scx stuff on RR and yes i was wanting to get the one piece bottom gear but is that not a option ? thanks for your help beings no one else can chime in and help me help a brother out this is all for a friend i have a wraith and know nothing about the scx thanks a bunch REV
Old 02-22-2015, 09:55 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Hmmm, Im a little confused about the way your wanting to do the scx10 transmission gears using RR gears under the wraith part #s. If I am understanding this correctly, your question that is. You can use the wraith transmission gear part # under the RR brand. If your going to use this transmission case ( scx10 ) on the rig itself and not on the wraith chassis, then yes order the wraith part #s for the idler gear, center gear and bottom gear. You should only need center and bottom since the factory transmission comes in steel for the top. You can also order the 1 piece bottom gear like you want but NOT for the wraith. Has to be for the scx10. Again because of the output shaft length difference. I hope this clarifies things up a little for you. Good luck man, also too you can call or email the place your buying the parts from and tell them what you want to do and they should be able to assist you incase you have any doubts. Better safe than sorry.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:58 PM   #7
RCC Addict

This is the bottom gear your looking for, but having to use grub screws sucks.
Robinson Racing Outdrive Diff Lock Gear AX10/SCX10

The Wraith version has the cross pin holes & for what an opinion is worth, personally I wouldn't touch the one piece bottom gear, seen too many pics of them with the end of the output broken off at the pin hole.

Quite frankly these are tough, take stock lockouts or upgraded (CI, SuperShafty or HH) & cheaper than the RR
Hot Racing Super Duty Light Weight Steel Gear Set SCX10
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote

trany - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trany help!!!??? geekfreek95 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 11-02-2010 11:11 PM
R2 Trany crawl it 2.2 Newbie General 3 01-21-2007 09:28 PM
trany q anthony4x4 General Crawlers 5 05-04-2006 03:05 AM
trany q Rokclod3Krawler XTM Crawler 3 07-31-2004 09:20 PM