Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Axle mounted servo plate, TI or SS part available?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2015, 10:04 AM   #1

Default Axle mounted servo plate, TI or SS part available?

I've been running the rig for a bit now, and noticed after doing some upgrades last night the servo body just a shifting side to side on the mount. Hoping to find a little help for an upgraded platform, searches have yielded little support, so asking the community.

Running 2.2 ripsaws (stock), upgraded to the PB RB2 last night, looking forward to running them.
Since trashing the stock tactic servo/plastic servo horn in the spawn rtr, I upgraded to the Savox 1230 and aluminum horn, its been solid. Additionally run the VP TI linkage.
That too has been solid, when I noticed the servo chassis was shifting laterally, broke it down and found the vertical support has become loose.
Further digging revealed that one side is a static hole of the AX30777, the other hole is slotted (looking at replacement parts, this is by design) and taking some abuse/shifting within the slotting, enlarging that hole.
Tightened it all up and we will see how it goes, but I'm expecting this part to fail and would like to replace it with stronger parts.
Does anyone make an HD version (SS or TI) that will withstand the 500oz/in torque of the servo?

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Darthloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2015, 11:04 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Axle mounted servo plate, TI or SS part available?

Parts - DCW Crawlers

DeWanger.

Or make you own.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:23 AM   #3
I joined the Band!

Default Re: Axle mounted servo plate, TI or SS part available?

Aluminum servo mounts, a new stock or after-market servo plate, Axial #AXA0109 screws and thread locker on all the screws. Also be sure to check your end points on your remote, your servo shouldn't be sliding if your end points are set and everything is tight. From your description the servo has probably been a little loose and/or the plastic servo mounts have been flexing. If your end points set too far this may keep happening because your steering locks at full range, but the servo keeps pushing.

Axial large head screws.
TowerHobbies.com | Axial Hex Socket Oversize Head 3x10mm (10)

Hot Racign aluminum servo mounts.
TowerHobbies.com | Hot Racing Black Aluminum Servo Mount AX10 Wraith Ridge

Axial replacement plate, don't know of a steel, stainless or titanium plate available for the Wraith but I don't think it's the actual problem.
TowerHobbies.com | Axial Servo Plate 56x17mm Wraith

Last edited by Eric0424; 08-15-2015 at 11:51 AM.
Eric0424 is offline   Reply With Quote

Axle mounted servo plate, TI or SS part available? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JR battery plate currie servo axle mounted question desertdude Axial SCX-10 1 07-09-2015 10:17 AM
New axle mounted servo plate? adamargue HPI Wheely King 4 03-09-2013 06:27 AM
Axle-mounted battery plate RICrawler Redcat Crawlers 11 05-06-2011 10:50 PM
Wheely king axle mounted Battery and rear Locking plate BLADE Axles, Trannys, T-case 0 07-10-2009 02:55 PM
Axle flex with axle brace mounted steering servo? NoOb Tamiya Clod Buster 6 02-19-2006 11:04 AM