Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: RC Screwz kits Precision Bearing and Stainless screws for Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #1

Default RC Screwz kits Precision Bearing and Stainless screws for Wraith

Hello every,
I would like to buy both kits (bearings and screws) for the Wraith from RC Screwz but I have some questions about them. On the RC Screwz website it’s written the kits are meant for the RTR Wraith. I think, I’ve read somewhere that there are some differences in regard to certain screws and/or bearings used in the KIT version of the Wraith and the RTR one. I really don’t know if it is true.
I have the KIT version and would like to replace the screws and bearings with the ones offered by RC Screwz, but I am not sure if there might be some incompatibilities as I said before, especially due to different sizes of the bearings or something else. Can anybody give some advice in this regard? I’ve seen some people here in the forum have used them by now, at least the screw set.
One last question, are the Bearings from RC Screwz much better than the Team Fast Eddy ones (apart of being made of stainless steel)?
I will really appreciate if you can help me with this.
Cheers!
gato_magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: RC Screwz kits Precision Bearing and Stainless screws for Wraith

I use both the rtr (book) and kit (pdf) instructions and have seen no difference. You can download the rtr version from Axial and double check.
drywallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #3

Thanks a lot for the reply drywallguy!

I read here in the forum somebody said the screws kit was not entirely complete. I guess it was because the M3 threaded rods for the links are not included as someother user said. Is that true?

Somebody else also said they changed the type of certain screws used in the body. I guess that's not so such a big problem, is it? What do you think about that?
Old 05-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

You made me curious so I looked at the RC Screwz set. Their disclaimer could lead one to think the smaller screws like the ones for the body may be phillips head. Depending on your paint you may want the black ones anyway.
You're probably right about the set screws for links. But if you need more RC4WD sells a 10 pack for $2 here M3 20mm long threaded shafts (set screws) (10).
Happy Trails!
drywallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #5

Thanks for replying again drywallguy.

I'll check the threaded shafts you are recommending from RC4WD.

I hope I can get some advice too in regard to the bearings from RCScrewz and Team Fast Eddy. Anybody some comments about it?
Old 05-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Based on the information provided from their website I would go with the fast eddie bearings. If you want other choices look at acer or boca. They both are top notch bearing makers!!!
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #7

Thanks for replying mammoth, I was just wondering that the RCScrewz bearings could be better or last longer since they are made of stainless steel, that is if I am using the car a lot under wet conditions or so they would not corrode easily. But apart from that I don't know if they actually might be better than the ones of Fast Eddie or the others you recommend of Acer or Boca. Could you tell me why do you consider those other ones a better option?
Old 05-30-2012, 03:20 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I just installed fast eddies bearings and it got rid of alot of front end play My stockers dont even have much use!
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:44 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

I built my wraith literally piece by piece without a kit or a r2r wraith and I used both RCScrews Screws and Bearing kit and I submerged mine plenty of times without a bearing failure yet. I really like the screw kit as well gives you more screws than you'll ever need. The panel screws are not phillips by the way there Allen heads almost the entires pack is allens except a few phillips which you don't have to use at all. If you look at my buil you'll see all the screws I used throughout the built (kyle's unemployment wraith) good luck on your search.
bagged86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #10

Thank you very much for your comments Cableman and bagged86.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gato_magnum View Post
I was just wondering that the RCScrewz bearings could be better or last longer since they are made of stainless steel,
I was just reading back posts and saw this.

FYI RC Screws bearings are NOT Stainless steel, they are a standard chrome steel. As well the RC Screws bearings are NOT rubber sealed, they have a simple metal shield that doesnt even come close to protecting against contamination and moisture like a rubber sealed bearing.

Your best choice would be a rubber sealed bearing for this application.
FastEddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:40 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Fast eddy bearings are in ALL 6 of my rigs,crawlers & racers
realsickclown is offline   Reply With Quote

RC Screwz kits Precision Bearing and Stainless screws for Wraith - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stainless 3mm screws! Chris_The_Battery_Man Tools and supplies 49 10-27-2017 08:08 AM
looking for 0-80 Stainless button head screws mudn_1 Chit Chat 4 12-05-2011 06:56 AM
FastEddy Wraith Bearing Kits Now Available. FastEddy Axial Wraith 6 10-27-2011 02:35 PM
Stainless steel screws....$ ouch! TattooKenny Chit Chat 32 11-09-2009 10:26 AM
thoughts on Rc Screwz kits... Nerve General Crawlers 25 11-20-2007 12:43 PM