Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: ar60 phat axles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2016, 09:27 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default ar60 phat axles

Anyone tryed the ar60 phat axles I just got a set they didn't include the screws to change over from plastic to metal so I can't install the front I had just snuff to make the rear work I'm still using the plastic lockouts for now there seems to be some binding or rubbing as the axle shafts are stiff I made sure every thing was good before assembeling it but after installing the screws on the lockouts it was tight it loosens up a bit after a few min of run time I'm hoping it will loosen up after more run time the truck seems more stable now so I'm hoping it will be even better after the front is on
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2016, 09:35 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: ar60 phat axles

Check your screw lenghts.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk
jimmiejump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:33 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

sounds just like as advertised, a step below.

Make sure all your bearings are seated straight, and no screws are contacting the axles, you're going to have to check everything since the right hardware didn't come with the parts.
Thechewmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:33 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

You are using blue loctite and letting it cure for 24 hours? Probably not, so there is your problem.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:52 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

No I don't use blue loctight I use the red but that has nothing to do with my problem I'm using the screws from my beef tubes on the lockouts and matched the length of the old screws the problem is when I install the lockouts it binds some where even if the screws arent in all the way I'll pull it apart again and see what's up they look awsome and I'm stoked to have them so far over all the quality is way better than the aluminum integy axles at half the price
Old 07-29-2016, 09:56 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

It did take some work to seat the diff bearings and caps they have to be just right or the caps don't go on
Old 07-29-2016, 12:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
No I don't use blue loctight I use the red but that has nothing to do with my problem I'm using the screws from my beef tubes on the lockouts and matched the length of the old screws the problem is when I install the lockouts it binds some where even if the screws arent in all the way I'll pull it apart again and see what's up they look awsome and I'm stoked to have them so far over all the quality is way better than the aluminum integy axles at half the price
You should never use red loctite on rc metal parts unless you never want to get them apart again.
rcmattster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 03:50 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I've been using it for a long time but your right don't use red lock tight till every thing is just right and then it doesn't come apart till its broken then it doesn't matter its been good to me so far there hasent been a screw yet that I haven't been able to get undone when I need to
Old 07-29-2016, 04:55 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Thats why i use a soldering iron to heat up the screws if they need to come out after red loctite....
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:42 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiejump View Post
Check your screw lenghts.
Wouldn't you know it the truss mount screw was to long binding solved once I get the front axle on and the new lockers and gears c hubs knuckles and bearings I'll button it up
Old 08-18-2016, 02:28 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I finaly got my aluminum goodies knuckles c hubs and rear lock outs i installed the front axle im still using the old overdrive gears up front for now the rear lockouts fit perfict the front chubs i had to hog out the hole just a little to get the screws in it every other screw was right on the second axle was way better than the first axle i installed after the first run i think there awsome the axles glide over the rocks at least as well as the plastic ones did and way better than the aluminum ones no gear grinding at all sweet that was my whole point of going to metal axles its very stable i ran it on the track for a few laps and it handles very good it climbs better than it ever did the only issue im having is my foams are to soft the back tires have so much traction it wants to flip the rig when they bite lol im thinking stiffer rear foams might help with that and tighten up the handling
Old 08-25-2016, 09:16 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I got my stock 38/13 gears and doubled up my foams it is a beast its climbs awesome these axles rock these are by far the best axles I've worked with the diff did hook up while sliding down a rock but after a few runs I'm sure the sharp edge on the did cover will ware down and it won't hang up anymore
Old 09-11-2016, 04:33 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Old 09-11-2016, 04:35 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

ar60 phat axles - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Phat" Axles Mini Review OSRC Axial SCX-10 32 05-23-2018 07:58 AM